Archery Help

pugs

Guys, I am looking for some expertise concerning archery equipment. I am about as green as can be when it comes to bow hunting. I am looking into expanding my hunting opportunities and purchasing all necessary equipment. I live in Northern Utah and am wondering if anyone can give me any pointers or suggestions where would be the best place to purchase and set up this equipment. If you also have suggestions as to type of equipment I would greatly appreciate it. If I am going to get started in this I would like to do it right. I know alot of you are experts in this. Thanks for your help.

Pugs

I would go to Humphries Archery in American Fork. They really know their stuff and carry a great line of diverse archery equipment. I don't know how much you are planning on spending, but get the bow that you feel the most comfortable shooting. I shoot a Hoyt Alphamax 32, which I bought over the Hoyt Maxxis 31 which is a year newer in technology. It felt better in my hand and I love it. My wife shoots a bear, and I have no complains against them and their new line. Mathews makes some great bows also. If you are just hunting get a short bow you can pack around, and remember that the heavier the bow the more effort it takes on your part to lug it around the mountain. If you plan on shooting in tournaments I would recommend you get a little longer bow (36 inch or so) so that you are a little more accurate.

The guys at Humphries will make sure your bow fits you.

Welcome to the archery side of life, longer season, shorter shots, more fun.

UTAH ARCHERY CENTER!! Nobody's better than G at setting up great bows...

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/Feleno/zFix.jpg[/IMG] ~Z~

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom