Archery hunting

elkliver

If you are archery hunting during Muzzleloader season, do you need to wear hunter orange? I'm not seeing anything in the regs requiring it but could swear i had seen something. Maybe i'm getting my states mixed up?

It may be a good idea to wear it anyway at times but i wanted to check on what was required.

Its not required in CO. But at the same time there are some dumbasses out there so you might wanna throw on atleast a hat if you are hunting a heavily pressured area.

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

When I have bowhunted during dun season, I wore blaze orange camo (legal for bowhunters but NOT for gunhunters). The animals don't know the difference

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

You don't have to wear orange, but never hurts. We usually hunt only 1 weekend that is during the muzzlelaoder season. This year we are heading up tommorrow.

No blaze required for bowhunters during any of the archery season....even the overlap. Muzzy season IMO would be the only season in which orange might make you safer..............wearing orange in rifle season just GUARANTEES you will have some large caliber rifles aimed in your direction. I don't think wearing orange in rifle season makes the western hunter a bit safer.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-11 AT 08:08PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-11 AT 08:07?PM (MST)

>Cattle69-- What are you doing with
>cattle that involves a "69"?...
>

Never thought of it that way, last name is Caddell friends always call me cattle and why not the #69?
Could ask you the same there meat missile?

LAST EDITED ON Sep-02-11 AT 05:51PM (MST)[p]Thanks, i figure if i'm sneaking through the woods a camo orange hat is advisable anyway

LAST EDITED ON Sep-06-11 AT 06:53AM (MST)[p]Ha yea, I guess you could call out the meat missile as well. It's a Michael Waddell Quote. He is probably not too popular around here, but I love the guy.

Also, I'm glad to hear that you're not into some good ole' cattle lovin.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom