Area-7 Trespass Fee

You'll have to do the research yourself. Regional fish and game, local biologist, local blm range manager, game warden, county record and tourism offices, local taxidermist, local bars, some map software shows land ownership. There are a couple small ones last I checked but normally booked up with friends of hunters that hunted there. Word of mouth is best. Be careful some places just have deer and antelope no elk so get references.

If you ask for references they will tell you….NEXT.
I hear ya, but no place in 7 is doing it for free for an out if stater. OP is willing to pay a fee ifvthat fee is a couple grand or more they better have references. That's why it's best to get info from a friend that's been there. No way I'd ever use my points, come in from out of state to hunt a ranch I have no previous knowledge of unless I had some public available to pivot to.

Big area elk aren't on all the ranches there during hunting season...lived there. Just saying for guy to do his homework...touch area to crack unless you are a local local.

Big area elk aren't on all the ranches there during hunting season...lived there. Just saying for guy to do his homework...touch area to crack unless you are a local local.
Agreed. I honestly wouldn't waste my time rifle hunting it without access to private. Bowhunting can be good though

I'm looking for names or ranches to contact that might allow elk hunting for this year. Thank you.
That is almost like asking a guy to show you his naked sexy Pics of his wife. Almost all of them are leased by Outfitters so if you’re willing to pay then just go fully guided. Elk hunting is big business nowadays and all the Outfitters have leased up those ranches decades ago. The few small holdouts almost exclusively reserve it for very close family and friends. It’s a great area but you either need to be willing to fight it out on public or pony up and hire an outfitter. Archery hunting as mentioned before has the elk more scattered and easier to harvest on public.

How was the access for the type 2 raghorn tag? Word was a couple ranches allowed these tagholders to hunt.

Trespass places are almost nonexistent. The ones that do allow trespass hunting pretty much take anyone that will pay, so there are lots of folks on them.

And don't fool yourself about archery season. The public lands are pretty crowded in archery season, too. With 1500 bull licenses and several thousand cow licenses, plus deer archery hunters, you'll have company in almost all areas during archery season, too. There are not many secrets left in area 7.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom