Arrows

scopenstalk

I am shooting some Beman ICS Hunter arrows and I like them fine but i have broken many arrows this year, and come to find out the archery shop gave me the wrong spine on em. I am looking for new arrows. I just wondered if anyone has ever really noticed a difference in accuracy between the cheaper arrows with the less strict straightness and weight factors and the more expensive really strict arrows. Also does anyone here shoot carbon express?

I highly recommend carbon express but they are not cheap. I have shot alot of carbon out there and they seem to hold up the best you pay for them though.

I have used Gold Tips for over nine years for both target and hunting. They have served me VERY well! I feel very confident in recommending them.

>I am shooting some Beman ICS
>Hunter arrows and I like
>them fine but i have
>broken many arrows this year,
>and come to find out
>the archery shop gave me
>the wrong spine on em.

What do you mean the archery shop gave you the wrong spine? They should have matched the arrow with your draw length/poundage. The spine has nothing to do with the arrows durability. The spine only affects the stiffness of the arrow.

I used to have Beman ICS and LOVED them and I was shooting the 500's (I have really short draw). I bought 2 dozen back in '01 and they lasted me well into 2007 when I made the mistake of switching to the FMJ. (Can't wait for all of my FMJ's to either bend or break, going back to an all carbon arrow asap).

As for accuracy between expensive and cheap, you're not going to notice the difference until you get broadheads on them, and even at that it won't bother the average archer.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-24-09 AT 10:36AM (MST)[p]
>
>
>What do you mean the archery
>shop gave you the wrong
>spine? They should have matched
>the arrow with your draw
>length/poundage. The spine has nothing
>to do with the arrows
>durability. The spine only affects
>the stiffness of the arrow.

I mean they gave me the wrong spine for my draw/ poundage im shooting i looked it up on the Beman website and their caculator said i should be shooting the 340's not 400's. Thanks for the info about FMJ i wa slooking at them and thinking about getting em ... but now from what you said im going to stay away.

Got ya. Yeah stay away from the FMJ's. Nice arrows and are easy to pull out of targets, but that's about all they're good for. They bend easy and are hard to get straightened back out.

im with colo3d i switched to beamans this year havent broke any yet but i shot gold tips for the last couple years bottm of the line and they group better for me than the beamans that are 30 dollers more a half dozen the gold tips got the trick done last 2 years ive missed 5 bucks this year with the beamans probley not the arrow but thats what im blamming it on

I also shoot the Bemans ICS Hunter 340. I like them alot! I missed an elk this weekend and stuck the arrow into a tree at 60 yards (ouch). I thought my arrow was toast! I just twisted off my broadhead (Grim reaper was completely buried) and to my amazement, the arrow was still perfect! I am shooting my new Mathews Reezen (so you kow that arrow was flying faster than he!!). Anyway, I am very impressed with my Bemans after that (of course, I did miss my elk! it must have been the arrow and not my crappy shooting! right? no, I'm pretty sure it was my crappy shooting!)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom