Attorney General Ted Cruz.

gleninaz

Long Time Member
A Texas boy on a fishing site says he has inside info that Cruz will be picked for AG. Never know. He would be a hardass for sure. Bet the Senate will send Trump a thank you note if it is true.

That would sure be more slime drained from the swamp wouldn't it?

Trump is considering Jim Webb for sec of defense. because he met him just like Cruz at the debates. Carson refused any position.

Trump has so little imagination or interest he's just picking anyone he's met in washington in the last year.

It's doubtful he will pick Cruz, and Christie is toast. so that only leaves Bush and Fiorina to chose from then he's out of options.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Was kind of hoping Ted Cruz would disappear soon. I don't know if I could stand to listen to his whiney nasal voice for even another 30 seconds.

Hard to imagine him wanting to work that closely with somebody he refused to support.

Nemont

LAST EDITED ON Nov-16-16 AT 02:22PM (MST)[p]Take the personality, politics, and conflict out of it. He's one of the smartest legal minds in the country and he's won more than one case before the supreme court and clerked for the supreme court earlier in life. When Allan Dershowitz who's a liberal and one of the most respected legal authorities respects him that speaks volumes. Yes the senate would love it and most of us would too since he's a conservative lawyer that believes in following the constitution. He's not a good politician so why not make him the AG or put him on the bench where he can stand by doing the right thing. We could do a hell of a lot worse than Cruz but it's not the highest paying job and he could make far more as a lawyer. Some folks serve a higher calling than their wallets and if he makes that choice, we'll have a good one that will be there for years.

To Trump Cruz is just another Mexican. I can't see Trump trusting a Mexican as a AG if he doesn't trust them as a court judge.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Hey he's has a whinny voice and he''s never going to be President, not because of his ideologies or conservative thinking but because he can't lead. He was my choice for President if I'd based my choice entirely on policy positions but I couldn't support him because he can't bring people together. He's 100% black or white on everything and that doesn't work when governing.

However what makes him a bad candidate for President or a Senator makes him a great choice for AG. Laws are black and white and we are in desperate need of someone that will enforce our laws, regardless of political backlash from either party. And Cruz, the "lLone Wolf" that he is would do a hell of a good job at enforcing laws, regardless of who's a$$ got hung out to dry, be it Donald Trump or Hillary. Clinton.

We've been passing laws in this country faster than a Georgia Mole can dig a hole, and our rules of law have been ignored by Wall Street, Big Banks, Pot Farmers, Federal Land Grazers, Planned Parenthood Administrators, Veterans Medical Facilities, Universities,, Immigration Administrators, Politicians, Street Peddlers, Moonshiners, Pharmaceutical Manufactures, Mayors, Judges etc. etc. (Did I miss anybody that's been flipping the bird at the law lately? )

I'm a hundred percent with ole Bob Cat Bess on this issue. i.e: I hate stupid laws, but by hell, if we got'em, then enforce'em or we'll have anarchy! Oh ya, for the last 25 frickin years that's exactly what we've had, and it's getting worse everyday. Call that "Crying Wolf" if it helps you sleep better but when it comes knocking down your door, like it has people in the inner cities, the public land users, the people who get cancer, the veteran with mental ill issues, your child ithat's left to die in a sh!t like Lydia, or ruins you community by growing illegal drugs in your back yard and the loss of human dignity that follows that, you might start asking yourself, "what the hell is this place turning into. If nobody has yet "gored your ox" so you think every thing is hunky-dory, there's a Wall Street hustler or Street Peddler looking for you.

Hell, I drove vehicles for 50 years before wearing seat belts became "the law", I hate that personally intrusive law and a ton of others BUT, it now the law, so I wear the damn thing.

If we are going to have arbitrary law enforcement what keeps a$$holes, like me, from taking your lunch everyday, or worse.

Cruz is smart, he's tough, he doesn't give a rats a$$ who likes or doesn't like him. What would make him a total mess as a President might make him ideal as an AG. Too black and white for the Pres. Elect................? Can't say, but if DT picks him, it will give us all a clearer window into DT's comment to his campaign statements.

No crystal ball or prophic insight here, just a cranky old man expressing a clearly biased opinion.

DC

boskee, I think our minds process very much alike. Good insight. You say it better than I.

DC

Regarding the salary boskee, I think Cruz might value his ideals over his pocket book. Im guessing he'd really really really like an appointment to the Supreme Court above all else, if asked he might see a term as the AG as a step in that direction.

Again, Trump's selections will reveal a good deal about his intentions. Getting about time to "fish or cut bait".

DC

>Thanks Homer my editing skills are
>worse than my typing and
>I lost some things.......DUH

I would like him as either......his wife at Goldman Sachs can give him an allowance

CtmQb2IVIAA94LJ.jpg

Ted Cruz is a man of integrity and would apply the law fairly. The Democrats would be thrilled with that choice.

Why do we want one who will enforce the law equally? We haven't had that for 8 years. Why show weakness now?

The next time we have a Democrat President I guarantee the AG will be in the tank worse than Holder or Lynch.

I guess the Texas guy was FOS. Looks like Sessions is the new AG. I am starting to think Trump is like the commercial where the old man dangles a dollar bill over the gal and keeps pulling it away.

Go figure, an old white guy.

Trump just wanted to screw with the island beaner a bit before he shut him down.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Probably. the democrats figure his ties to the KKK are older than most of the applicants they might get so he's a winner.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

lol......that...and the fact that Harry Reid changed the rules in 2013 to simple majority for confirmation in 2013.....

Paybacks are a biatch that's how it rolls.

After a few years of the orange man and his merry klansmen the paybacks will be spectacular.

The republicans better change the rules back to needing an 85% majority before 2018.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Your wife's a $2.00 whore and you're father killed JFK, now make some fund raising calls for me biotch. Oh and by the way, your backer Mercer, he belongs to me now so good luck with your re-election campaign.

Ted Cruz maybe a man of many things, integrity is certainly not one of them. He is just another spineless politician who will do or say anything to protect what is left of his failing career.

Trump played Cruz out, broke him, like Christie made them both lick his orange crumb encrusted boot bottoms, then turned them out like a Pimp.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom