Attractants

S

sharpstick

The archery season is fast approaching and like you all; I'm excited. The area my son and I hunt is mostly sage/oak with no trees to place a tree stand. I invested in a 13' tripod stand and set it up in the middle of a grove of oak not far from a well used game trail. Does anyone out there know of an Attractant besides salt that will draw mule deer onto that particular trail because there's hundreds of other trails as the deer come and go from the alfalfa fields. I've read up on Deer Cane, C'mere Deer and others but they seem to be targeted towards whitetails more than mule deer. I know they like apples and I know there's some apple scented blocks on the market too. Before I fork over money for any of this stuff, I wanted to get some feedback from the forum on attractants that work for mule deer. Thanks for your help.
sharpstick

I poured some deer cane on a stump and the deer ate the stump and dug about a three foot hole getting at the stuff.

Check the regs closely. Attractants are NOT legal in most western states. As a general rule, if you are after Muleys, double check the proclamation.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom