Awesome night with my son

S

Saskman

Decided to head out tonight with my 4 year old son Cooper and to try and take a whitetail with the muzzleloader. I had been into this area on Tuesday and saw several bucks moving through this area from a distance. Decided to get in a little closer tonight and take the kid along. I figured I would take pretty well any buck, didn't really matter about the size to much with him along. On the walk in to the spot I wanted to sit we came across a great 5X5 set of sheds. I figured that would be a good omen for the night. We got settled in and began to see a few deer. Cooper wanted me to shoot the first doe we saw. I told him we should wait and see if a buck came in. Well before sunset we saw a nice 5 point about 170 yards away. we looked at him through the spotting scope and Cooper thought he would be a good one to take. We waited for a bit but he wasn't coming any closer so I told Cooper to hold tight and I was going to get a little bit closer to see if I could get a shot. He stayed by the spotting scope and I inched forward about 40 to 50 yards. This buck started to move away from us and I ranged him at 200 yards which is too far for me with the muzzleloader. I them noticed a buck off to the right that was actually bigger than the first. I was able to crawl a little more to behind a bush and was eventually able to make a 50 to 60 yard shot on this buck and he only took a couple steps and dropped. Cooper has never been with me when I have shot a gun before, only been shooting bows, and he said the gun going off made him jump. He was a pretty excited kid and was even more excited when I noticed the sheds we had found were actually off of this buck. It was a great night and I haven't enjoyed a hunt this much in a while. I would have been happy with any buck tonight as I knew he would have been excited no matter what. It is just a bonus that he is a pretty decent buck and even a bigger bonus we picked up his sheds.

Coopersheds.jpg

Coopersheds2.jpg

Looking at the first buck we were going to shoot through the spotting scope
cooper_spotting.jpg

Cooper2013_whitetail.jpg

2013_whitetail.jpg

2013_whitetail_2.jpg

Nice!

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

That right there is what it is all about. You'll find the only hunt that will surpass this one will be watching your boy harvest his first deer himself.

Sweet you are one amazing deer killer! Even better you are in the making of another killer...

P.S. Wanna adopt me?

hornkiller.jpg

Cam
Nicely done, glad to see the lil guy there with ya.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Awesome! Congratulations.
Thanks for starting a new generation of future hunters.
Nothing better than that right there.
Best,
Jerry

Pig deer! (people travel far and wide and spend a boat-load of money to chase bucks like that)
Cute kid!
Great hunt!
Well done Saskman!
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom