az cow hunts

fisrtcoueswas80inches

Very Active Member
well i am thinkin of putting this year in for a unit general cow tag. what does everyone think? i am not really a elk head hunter, and in fact, killed a cow a few years back and loved the meat. the chances of me killing a monster bull or even a bull are lower then getttin a cow. anyone else gonna do this?
casey

Hey Casey, I'd go ahead and give it a go if I were you Casey. As long as you're having fun doing it, and especially if you enjoy the meat, why not? They can be lots of fun, as they can often be 'low effort' hunts.

I've put in for cow hunts before, and I may again. The draw odds on the good bull hunts are getting so long these days anyway.... I may have to wait until the kid's college is paid for, and then put my money into an outfitted ranch hunt somewhere for a big bull. ;-)

Good luck!

S.

:)

Casey,
Use that first choice for a bull hunt and use the second for a cow hunt. Choose an early rifle cow hunt so the bulls are still bugling, and choose a unit close to NAU, like 6a, so you can hunt before or after class. You never know about getting drawn for the bull tag. A friend's son drew both an archery bull (unit 9) and a cow buffalo tag with nothing more than the hunter-ed bonus point.

Doug/RedRabbit

stanley, your right about the cow hunts, they are fun andlike you said, can be "low effort" i had one a few years ago where i passed on 200 yard shots.
doug, thats a good idea i never even thought of that! allthough i will be callin you if i get drawn for this and do kill a cow by myself!!!
casey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom