AZSFW still at it!!!

C

Chef

AZSFW & AZSFWC are meeting Tuesday night at Suzanne Gilstraps office to discuss the bill and any changes the orgs such as ADA/AAF/ADBSS etc. think need to be changed before the bill moves forward in the current legislative session. If anyone knows any board members of the groups, it would be a good time to contact them. Contact anyone you can think of to head this off.

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

just like a rattler - chop off the head and it will still bite you if you are not careful

how do we kill this thing anyway!

jeezus, they just don't give up. Gotta be some serious money in the expo/tag business.

Maybe a few more internet posts pointing out those behind it
Floyd Green
Wilderness Athlete
Outdoorsmans
Western Hunter mag
Elk Hunter mag

Pete Cimellaro
YellowHorn Outfitters

HB2072 isnt dead, this meeting will be to change it a little and still try and have it passed this session. Make your calls today so this doesnt get to the legislature........... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

AZSFW wants our tags and the MONEY real bad !! Like Vultures flying overhead they are waiting for us to go away so they can fly down and scavage Az wildlife all in the name of conservation. I hope the AZ legislatures can see through them and I hope money doesn't cloud their vision.

We must remain vigilant! Especially now since the draw for elk and antelope will happen soon! They will wait till the results are out. Once we are all distracted with the draw, they will slink in a like a snake and get this bill passed. All the while we're all celebrating or crying over getting drawn or not!

The draw happening soon is the best thing to happen for AZSFW and HB2072! Timing is everything and they will take advantage of it.

We must continue to hammer the legislature and not lose focus once the draw commences!!

REMAIN VIGILANT!!

These AZSFW guys and their cronies kind of remind me of the Obama administration with their elite, know better than us, behind closed doors, condescending approach to this whole thing. America screamed out against Obama Care but yet it was still rammed down our throats.

I don't see these guys being any different. They have a better than attitude because of their past involvement and accomplishments. I got news for them. On this issue, you SFW guys and others supporting the tag grab are DEAD WRONG and you are going against the grain. There are other very viable ideas and ways to raise money without putting our big game up for sale to the highest bidder. I think Sagebrush is definitely on the right track.

All you tag grabbers please take your crooked agenda somewhere else, we don't need it or want it in Arizona! Real men aren't afraid to admit when they have made a mistake or been on the wrong side of an issue, but these guys are just doubling down on trying to get their scam through. In my opinion what they are doing is every bit as bad as what USO tried to do.

Tag grabbers, either get on the good ship or prepare to drown in the ocean! We won't forget who you are when this is all done either.

Oh, and I can't wait to see the outfitters that didn't take a stand against this tag grab come on here real soon and start pitching their guide service since draw results are coming out soon. Only a couple guides that I know of had the guts to actually think about the good of everyone instead of just their own wallets. Guides, be warned that if you come on here shaking hands and kissing babies, you might get asked what your opinion is and why you didn't take a stand before now;-)

AZELK

I've said it before someone comeing on here and saying they are against HB2072 is one thing I want to see who is against 2072 and who is against SAZSFW !! lets hear if your against the tag grab and it's author...AZSFW.
I know one AZ Outfitter said if they want tags so be it (KO) I wouldn't even as much as look at his web site again and I am closing in on a archery unit 1 tag....

Well with Duwane Adams www.arizonabiggamehunting.com standing up against 2072 and Steve Chappell, I am proud of them. Keep at your legislators, call/email to give them a heads up that something like HB2072 is being drafted as we speak............. Thanks, Allen Taylor......

please do not wait for the next guy to do something.

everyone needs to email and call TODAY

it's now or never time

START walkin the walk -PLEASE get involved by contacting your represntatives TODAY

LAST EDITED ON Mar-20-12 AT 07:48PM (MST)[p]From: Suzanne Gilstrap

Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 11:17 AM

To: John Koleszar ; shane stewart ; Bobby Boido ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; Alan Hamberlin ; Art Pearce ; Brad Remfry (ADBSS) ; Brian Pinney ; 'Charlie Kelly ' ; Don McDowell (BASS Federation) ; Jim Unmacht ; 'Joe Del Re' ; L. Gary Stinson ; Mark Nuessle ; 'Suzanne Gilstrap ' ; Todd J. Hulm

Cc: 'Pete Cimellaro' ; Brian Dolan ; Chris Denham ; Randy Gaskill ; [email protected]

Gentlemen,

You are invited to attend a special meeting to discuss HB 2072 and to gain input from organizations who belong to AZSFWC. In order to continue working the legislation this year, we need to make sure we understand any remaining concerns that AZSFWC?s member organizations may have.

We are inviting the President of each of the AZSFWC organization members and asking that they invite two of their members to attend as well. If you have additional board members that want to attend, they are welcome. The meeting will be held at my office located in Phoenix on Tuesday, March 20 at 6PM.. The name of the office complex is and we are in the stand alone office building located at the far west end of the complex. Corporation?. My cell number is listed below if you have questions or need additional information

Please rsvp to me via email at [email protected] so we know how many to expect at the meeting.

Thank you,

Suzanne

Suzanne B. Gilstrap

Capitol Consulting, LLC

PO Box 13116

Phoenix, AZ 85002

602-390-1 (Cell)

602-712-11 (Office)

NOTE NEW EMAIL AND WEBSITE
[email protected]

http://www.azcapitolconsulting.com

This is the email was forwarded to me today. You can see who was requested to be at the meeting tonight hosted by Gilstrap. If you know these folks, call them, e-mail them, etc. to let them know your stance. Find out what their stance is asap. Share with all you care about. (note: I removed the location of the meeting from this e-mail - this was the only modification).

Sent the district people as well as the leaders of both parties and they are looking into the bill now. Keep writing every one of them until we get this thing killed for good. If a business or an organization like the ADA stand for AZSFW good luck being around in a year if this bill gets killed. If you get it passed then maybe you will strike it rich and not need 97% of hunters to keep going. If it is dead so are you as far as I am concerned.

I wrote two people on the list and asked to be filled in on what is discussed. May or may not spill the beans. I will post if I hear back from either one.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-20-12 AT 07:26PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-20-12 AT 07:25?PM (MST)

looks like a list of the skunks who are pushing this!

If ya know 'm , call'm and give 'm a piece of your mind!

We need to know where they stand , obviously if they are being asked to help reword bill2072 to get it ready for the final push. they can say they contacted their sponsors and had their support.

is that a rmef guy from the last expo

Suzanne Gilstrap is intentionally misrepresenting many of the 17 critter groups. She is promoting the fact that they agree to the bill.

Its time for one of these groups to issue Suzanne Gilstrap a Cease and Desist order now!! She is misrepresenting the truth!!!!

Sounds like the same tactics they used when they "inadvertently" let out that release saying the RMEF and NRA were with them on the wolf rider and were chastized by those organizations for distributing false information. It looks like SFW and thie lawyers/lobbyists will do absolutely anything to further their agenda, even if it's outright lies to push things through!

Just talked to someone that was at the meeting. Get ready because they think they can get this passed and set up their expo and that most AZ hunters will forget about it and forgive them in due time. The arguement is that we as a group talk a lot but very few people actually do the work needed and that the charts put up show how much better Utah has done in managing their wildlife. They scoffed at the idea of combining their AZSFW expo with the G&F expo. Bottom line is they are saying AZ does a poor job of recruiting and managing dollars for wildlife and they can do a much better job. I asked why we couldn't create a $25 habitat stamp for every big game tag to raise the needed funds but not much of a reaction to that idea. They are hellbent on forcing this bill through and when I asked about transprency and opening the books it was silent. Bend over and grab your ankles cause they are going to drive us home.

You guys need to immediately get the leaders of every conservation group in the state together and get a march scheduled ASAP to the Capitol steps. It looks like going enmasse will be the only way to get the Legislators attention to get rid of this plague. IMHO a multitude of bodies (VOTERS) will get the message across much better and faster than individual emails and letters.

ANYWAY TO GET A LIST OF EXAACTLY WHO THE SKUNKS AT THE MEET WHERE - hate to list a good gu as a skunk but do we need to keep it secret

Based on what I heard even the good guys are skunky so go for all on the list. They seem to be able to convince the different people that what they are doing is the only way to save Arizona. Good thing we survived the last hundres years before they showed up. Write the democrats in the legislature. They seem to respond and really care about whoring a public resource out. At least they can ask some hard questions of Gilstrap.

You guys should head over to cwt.com and read a response from Representative Peggy Judd, District 25 Rep. Her response will disappoint you. I'm actually sick to my stomach after reading that. What's happened to our state? As a native Arizonan, I'm just stunned she just threw the average joe to the curb!

Here is her opening paragraph:
-----------
"I do not see Arizona Sportsmen for Wildlife as the big Ogre they are made out to be. I truly feel that they are embracing an opportunity here, with an entrepreneurial spirit that is valid and genuine. I realize that the expo they would set up would be a business venture for them and their subsidiary wildlife organizations (17 of them, I believe), and like the Utah example everyone is giving, would be a fundraiser for the re-introduction and betterment of wildlife that are hunted in AZ. "
-----------

There is more to her letter. Fair warning.

What I sent to Peggy Judd and copied to my senator and reps.

Rep. Judd

I saw a copy of a response you gave regarding an inquiry into your stance on HB 2072. Although I live in District 4, I wanted to be sure you had the facts before you make a decision to support HB 2072.

HB 2072 is an effort by AZSFWC to generate income for the personal gain of their employees and lobbyist by selling big game in the state of Arizona. That is the only purpose of the bill. AZSFWC states they are the only organization that can come to the aid of wildife and hunters and nothing could be further from the truth. AZSFWC does no actual on the ground work for wildlife. Their plan is to sell tags and donate up 30% of the proceeds to be used by their member organizations for wildlife projects. They like to claim only 54 tags will be sold, but if you read further down in the bill the actual total is 350 tags.

What AZSFWC will not tell you about is the system that is already in place to accomplish their stated objectives. This system receives 100% of the revenues from the sale of tags to be used by wildlife groups for habitat enhancement, not 30%. The system is called the Habitat Partnership Committee. There is a state committee that is chaired by a member of the Game & Fish Commission and there are 13 Local Habitat Partnership Committees. Each of the LHPC's prepare project plans in conjunction with wildlife organizations, some of which are former members of AZSFWC that withdrew from AZSFWC once they proposed HB 2072. Some of those well respected groups are the Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep Society, the Arizona Elk Society and the Yuma Rod and Gun Club. These are the organizations that actually perform the work on the projects. They withdrew their membership in AZSFWC when AZSFWC switched from a conservation organization to a for profit tag seller that would deplete financial resources for wildlife improvement. All HPC and LHPC meetings are subject to the Open Meeting Law and every project is audited for spending compliance, two things that AZSFWC adamantly opposes in their plan.

If additional funds are needed for wildlife projects, we, the citizens of the state of Arizona, can raise the revenues for those projects without selling tags in conflict with the North American Wildlife Conservation Model. We can adopt a statewide habitat stamp with each hunting license just as is done in the state of Colorado and as we now do in Arizona for the Kaibab Plateau. The proceeds from this habitat stamp can be added to the HPC trust fund to be distributed to legitimate wildlife organizations with legitimate projects. The only cost would be the cost of added the new habitat stamp into the licensing system, which is very nominal. A $25 habitat stamp would add over $3 million dollars to the HPC trust fund each year which is much more than the most optimistic estimates from the sale of 350 tags by AZSFWC. I will be presenting such a proposal to the Game & Fish Commission at the Sportsmen Constituent Group meeting on Mar 22, 2012.

Please do not be fooled by AZSFWC. They have no interest in enhancing wildlife and the outdoor experience in Arizona. They are interested only in generating income at the expense of the Arizona public.

Thank you for your consideration.

Wow! Took Jack Harper all of 15 minutes to respond and he copied his fellow legislators.

Just to give everyone some background on issues like this. The Health and Wealth Raffle is a sweetheart deal in state statute just like HB2072 that one person controls. Sue Gerard and Carolyn Allen gave one of their liberal friends in Scottsdale the authorization to hold this raffle. Since then, the Arizona
Heart Institute was the only other organization to get an exemption in state law. HB2072 is a bill that will make the Gilstraps rich for the rest of their lives, at the expense of Arizonans that miss out on tags.

http://www.azleg.gov//FormatDocumen.../h.hb2072_01-09-12_com.doc.htm&Session_ID=107

Jack

State Representative Jack Harper
602-926-4178
[email protected]

That's a great letter sagebrush. You hit every point in a well thought out, civil response. Kudos!

Awesome Sage, well stated!

I hope Rep. Judd and other sympathizers really take the time do their research.

I had never heard of the HPC until I talked with you a few weeks back and I don't imagine a lot of the state reps know it is out their either.

JB

Have any of you guys gotten the latest P.R. emails from the AZSFW? First, was the email that started with the following...

OPEN LETTER FROM
ARIZONA SPORTSMAN FOR WILDLIFE
"In our effort to improve things that we see as very problematic for sportsmen and wildlife, we made a significant error in not providing information to the Sportsmen community on HB 2072 before introducing it at the Legislature. We apologize for our mistake. Below is an explanation of HB 2072 and the issues we were attempting to address. We ask that you have an open mind as you review the issues we see as being critically important to protecting our hunting and fishing heritage for future generations.

For the record, AZSFW is not a chapter nor an affiliate of Utah SFW. Having said that, we do believe they have had very positive impacts on improving wildlife habitat and increasing tags for hunters."....

And then they give some stats about how Arizona is losing permits and harvests in the past 16 years- pure BS.

Then the AZSFW just sent out another email about a big "Sportsmen's Bash" on June 21st with Charlie Daniels and "Honorary Chair" Governor Jan Brewer!!! I'm sure that Charlie doesn't really know what they are all about, but what about Governor Brewer?!

Does anyone have any connections with Charlie Daniels so that he can be well informed about what AZSFW is all about before he comes and performs at their event?

It's obvious that these clowns are well funded and are going to stop at nothing to get their Expo and their tags. Who cares about the general public, we'll have a shot at tags with 1 in 10,000 odds just like in Utah!

If they think for a second that we are EVER going to forget WHO the individuals are behind this, they are sadly mistaken. I know when the USO thing blew up, George Taulman wasn't a very popular guy around Arizona and still isn't.

Cimellaro, Denham, Green, Hamberlin, and croanies; I would recommend an identity change in the very near future because you will be less welcome in this state than Taulman. Nobody cares at this point about anything that you have done in the past. What you are doing now speaks volumes to your true characters and crooked agenda. Your reputations are ruined-period.

These guys elitist, better than attitude is absolutely astounding and makes me want to puke!

AZELK
http://www.azgfc.org/guest1.htm
A MUST READ! Check out this write up by Robert Woodhouse. He hits it out of the park with this commentary on the tag grab.

Any of you tag grabbers want to come on here and respond?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-12 AT 01:02AM (MST)[p]Just a heads up on a concert by the Charlie Daniels band at wild horse pass. I recieved an email from azsfw stating governer Brewer would be an honererary chair. Its to be held some time in june I believe the weekend of the 21st. Poor old Charlie probably has no idea what this bill is all about. Contact him or his reps. Could be the first time in my life I have been against Charlie Daniels if he supports this bill, and I highly doubt he would knowing what it is. Then again, money talks....

+1 AZELK1. Same is true for the fence-sitting critter groups like ADA that conveniently are not able to reach a decision after 45 days. Apparently, the fence sitters prefer to sit at the feet of SFW hoping to catch a few scraps if the bill goes through. Nice to know what a group's soul is worth in today's market.

i sent emails to gov. office regarding this. everyone should send letters and emails to the band and the govenors office......Thanks, Allen Taylor......

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom