Back from Wyoming (photo)

S

sniper

I made it back from Wyoming where I took a small whitetail. It was a pretty incredible hunt. Lots of deer and some very nice bucks. I held out for one of the big ones until the last day.

Now it's time to get mentally prepared for the December whitetail hunt. After hearing Allen's story I better be mentally prepped just so I don't end up having a nervous breakdown. :)

SCOTT

wyoming.gif

Great job Scott, BTW, how much does that Whitetail weigh in comparison to a Mule deer in the same general area? As I understand it, Eastern Whitetail are heavier, true?

What unit are you hunting come December? Good Luck to you.

Sniper: You should have no problem killing a good one in December. I just screwed up my shot, or I would have one. When Tommy came down, we gave em hell, but didnt get one. I saw one first thing Saturday morning about 900 yards away that looked like he was going to bed down, but I lost him behind a small ridge. I glassed the area for a long time but could not find him bedded. That is a nice whitetail, good looking picture. Scott G got his 27 Javelina tag, so you hopefully did as well. I will pray to the coues gods for you to kill a +100 buck in December....... Allen......

Now if you can just find one that big in 27 in December! ;-)
Congrats!
Bret M.

Quail Runner I never did see any mulies while I was there but looking the pictures of others on the ranch that had taken whitetail I would say that they are close to the same size. I will tell that their whitetail are bigger than our mule deer.

My December whitetail hunt is in Arizona unit 27.

Scott

RIGHT ON SCOTT ! I PLAN ON HUNTING WHITETAILS NEXT YEAR IN KANSAS. MY BUDDY IS WORKING ON A LEASE. IN FACT HE IS THERE NOW CHECKING IT OUT. GOOD LUCK IN MX. LUCKY DOG LATER JD

Sniper,
Looks like some nice backstrap filets underneath those antlers. Congrats on the whitetail. Judging from the background in the photo, it looks like fun country to hunt. I'll be going back to south Texas this Christmas to see friends and fill the freezer with that great meat, maybe some antlers too.
Red Rabbit

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom