Baiting/attracting deer??

muleyslayer52

Where I live/hunt it is legal to bait except on public land. I hunt public land and have some really good bucks that are in the area. They are actually pretty hard to predict. There is one buck that is a frequent visitor to my trail cameras and one great big boy that i have only seen with my eyes once in the past 3 years and only have gotten 2 pictures of him on trail cameras (only during rut where he is cruising for does)

My question is what to use to "lure" these bucks into the area...whether it be during the rut or early season (archery season last from September to January) since I can't use "bait"???

Has anyone ever buried a tub for water source??? there is a creek nearby but it is very steep banks (like 10ft deep)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The big boy!!!
12982.jpg

some others
789071.jpg

464143.jpg

796714.jpg

"Hunting over bait is defined as the placement and/or use of bait(s) for attracting big game and other wildlife to a specific location for the purpose of hunting. Baits include but are not limited to grains, minerals, salts, fruits, vegetables, hay or any other natural or manufactured foods. The designation does not apply to the use of scents and lures, water, food plots, standing crops or livestock feeds used in standard practices."

Doe in heat dripper, a natural salt lick(50 lb bag of salt set in the ground then cut open and water poured on it to make a natural salt lick) put out for livestock.
Rattling during the rut with decoys, Any natural food to the area can be used.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom