Barbary

nmtaxi

Very Active Member
I worked out a deal with my buddy Nate to do a little sheep hunting on a ranch he had access to. Had a great hunt and a great time. Results were a 27.5" ram with 11.5" bases.
fbarb2.jpg

fbarb1.jpg

fbarb3.jpg

Here's Nate with the ram and the heavy load.

fbarb4.jpg

fbarb5.jpg

I worked out a deal with my buddy Nate to do a little sheep hunting on a ranch he had access to. Had a great hunt and a great time. Results were a 27.5" ram with 11.5" bases.
fbarb2.jpg

fbarb1.jpg

fbarb3.jpg

Here's Nate with the ram and the heavy load.

fbarb4.jpg

fbarb5.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-09 AT 03:25PM (MST)[p]How are they to eat? I've had desert bighorn and rocky mountain bighorn, which were both good.

Or are they like a mountain goat where even the gravy is tough?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-09 AT 03:25PM (MST)[p]How are they to eat? I've had desert bighorn and rocky mountain bighorn, which were both good.

Or are they like a mountain goat where even the gravy is tough?

Ya done good taxi!

Both of the ones I've killed have been excellent eating--somewhat like a corn-fed whitetail. Very mild flavor.

Ya done good taxi!

Both of the ones I've killed have been excellent eating--somewhat like a corn-fed whitetail. Very mild flavor.

Beautiful Ram!
Well Done!
------------------------------------------------------
"Yeah, I'll shoot him"

Beautiful Ram!
Well Done!
------------------------------------------------------
"Yeah, I'll shoot him"

I got the chance to hunt Aoudad this winter in Texas and was lucky enough to get a nice ram. He measured just over 28", I've never hunted anything that could see as well as these sheep do. We would spot them at 1000 yards and when you put a spotting scope on them they would be looking right at you!!! Amazing animals. I would upload a pic but I can't make it work for some reason!!! I think the file is to big... Duh!!!

L.T.

I got the chance to hunt Aoudad this winter in Texas and was lucky enough to get a nice ram. He measured just over 28", I've never hunted anything that could see as well as these sheep do. We would spot them at 1000 yards and when you put a spotting scope on them they would be looking right at you!!! Amazing animals. I would upload a pic but I can't make it work for some reason!!! I think the file is to big... Duh!!!

L.T.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-10-09 AT 11:24AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-10-09 AT 11:23?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-10-09 AT 11:03?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-10-09 AT 11:00?AM (MST)

I'll try this again!!!
laynetorgerson30909.jpg

laynetorgerson30909.jpg

I give up!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-10-09 AT 11:24AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-10-09 AT 11:23?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-10-09 AT 11:03?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-10-09 AT 11:00?AM (MST)

I'll try this again!!!
laynetorgerson30909.jpg

laynetorgerson30909.jpg

I give up!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom