Barnes triple x

Bugler

Looking for the best load data for 7mm using 150 triple x and 300 rem ultra 165 gr trip x. Working up loads for mule deer this year and have never used the all copper bullets. What is the best poweder for these if any of you have loaded this bullet?

Bugler

I have the TSX manual and can give you min and max if you supply the powder type. My 300 WM with 180's loves 73.0 gr of RL-22 which is the max load according to the manual. My 264 loaded with 130 gr TSX's seems to like 56.0 gr of RL-22. (58.0 is max on that round)

I am fairly convenced that the TSX bullets shoot better the faster you can make them go. The max 58.0 in the 264 is a little hot so I had to back it down.

Let me know your powder type(s) and I can help you get a starting point if nothing else.
264X300

I've switched to the TSX for about all my hunting and I've found whatever load I've been using I can start with when loading the TSX. I find a max load with the Partition to be just a pretty warm load with the TSX but the velocity is always higher with the TSX.

That said I'd take your favorite load and back it off a few grains and work up just to be safe.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom