Basic tripod questions

Chow_Hound

I am in the process of buying my first spotting scope. My basic question is how important is the tripod? My 2 concerns are weight and cost. I don't need the best, but don't want to spend $1200 on a scope and not get full advantage of the quality because of the tripod.

Also, in the spirit of cutting weight, I was looking at the spotting scope adapters for shooting tripods - is that worthwhile?

Thanks

the best spotter is useless if you have a crappy tripod. had a swaro spotter and used a cheap tripod that my brother had and it shook so bad i couldn't see a thing. got a manfrotto and it is steady as a rock. i got the carbon manfrotto and love it. The Outdoorsmans tripod is the best as far as weight goes. i'd stick with manfrotto or outdoorsmans. check out thread here on optics under outdoorsmans tripods. Fatrooster posted great pics.

I just bought another tripod and the criteria was shortest compressed length, lightest weight, tallest extended height, and how much weight it can support. I've handled the Outdoorsmans and I bought a Promaster T525P carbon tripod. It weighs 2 lb, 3 oz, folded height is 14 3/16", max working height of 53", handles a heavy spotter and has a spring loaded weight hook.

Went hiking the mountains last weekend after Coues, and it is nice.

>I just bought another tripod and
>the criteria was shortest compressed
>length, lightest weight, tallest extended
>height, and how much weight
>it can support. I've
>handled the Outdoorsmans and I
>bought a Promaster T525P carbon
>tripod. It weighs 2
>lb, 3 oz, folded height
>is 14 3/16", max working
>height of 53", handles a
>heavy spotter and has a
>spring loaded weight hook.
>
>Went hiking the mountains last weekend
>after Coues, and it is
>nice.

That Promaster would of been better if they'd of used levers instead of twists to tighten the legs.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom