Bear hunting Prince of Whales??

• Thread starter Oregon Fishing Guide
  • Start date
O

Oregon Fishing Guide

Can anyone tell me the fall dates for bear season in Prince of Whales? It is around Thorne Bay if that matters. Thanks, Jon

Thanks Mike,
What can I expect for a bear hunt the 1st week of September? We are going to be staying in the Thorne Bay area. We are going to bow hunt for one but we are going to take one rifle just incase we see that bruiser that we can't get close to. Any info that will get me even more excited would be great.
Thanks and keep a tight line, Jon

LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-05 AT 07:58PM (MST)[p]I can tell you more the end of May. I am going to be in Thorne Bay April 10 and on POW and some of the near by Islands---until the end of May. Steelhead fishing-and blackbear hunting. But I can tell you that I have a good friend who lives in Thorne Bay and has for years and he tells me the Blacktail deer and black bear hunting is good. Anytime.

Mike McCrary
Alaska Bush Sports
http://www.alaskabushsports.com

Can anyone give me some advice on fall black bear and black tail hunting on POW. I booked a unguided hunt and would like to know where to concentrate my efforts...on the shoreline or high up, etc.

Thanks
Bryan

Bears will be down low in the salmon creeks and the deer in the alpine, near timberline. Pick one as the main species to hunt, then if you tag out early, switch to the other.

I hunted for black bears out of thorne bay 2 years ago. if you have some maps i will tell you some of the better areas that we found.email me at [email protected] and i will give you my phone number.

todd

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom