Beaty Butte Sheep Hunt

That was funny! I'd be excited too. I know where a group lives and waters..can tell you how to get on top of them. If your interested or need help PM me.

On Saturday, I was able to attend the Bighorn Sheep and Goat orientation put on by Oregon Department of Game and Fish and The OR-FNAWS. It was a cool event. I was able to sit down with the biologists from the area and go over my maps. Autumn and Rod were awesome! They were super to talk with. I also got to meet two of the other hunters for this area this year. They are super cool. They both have a tag for the first season. We plan to swap info from our scouting trips. Looking forward to the first official scouting trip this weekend.

Made it out scouting this weekend. Saw 109 sheep over 2 days. The biologists claim that there are only 410 sheep on the entire unit. I could not believe how many sheep we saw. Most of them were ewes and lambs. Saw a couple of Rams. Only one was decent. Getting really excited.

congrats on the tag! Best hunt I was ever on was my son's Rocky MT bighorn hunt! Kill a biggin'!

muleyman

Back
Top Bottom