a Triple Crown.

Can this so called, under-breed
horse do it ??

I love his style.
I love the attitude.

Bring it.
I'm rooting for this
pony.

I think he can do it by his performance in the last race. If he does it, it will piss off a lot of high faluting Kentucky horse owners that think their horses are the best in the world.

RELH

Several of the horses that ran in the Derby didn't run in the Preakness but are running in the Belmont. They should be well rested and may have an advantage. I'm guessing the Chrome may get tarnished.

I hope that Chrome pulls an upset and takes it all the way....he is being trained and owned by a local from my area here in NorCal.

Mix some Prune Juice with his Oats and watch him run.....LOL

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Ive been in the thoroughbed business all my life,we have about 300 acres out here in versailles ky(which is horse mecca).California chrome is a freak of a horse,he has the pedigree of dude(440 six pack)but it has slowed him down about as much as dude's drinking.Here's the problem,you should run a horse about once a month on average if the horse is sound and dosn't have any problems.Nowyou have to run three races in five weeks on three year olds that are like 16-18 year old boys that are still growing,thus making them more likely to have injuries.It's too stressful on them,that's why you see them win the first two races and lose the third going a mile and a half.So look for the horses that skipped the preakness to run good in the belmont(took that extra time off)especially the horses that came flying in the end of the derby and ran second,third or fouth,that;s who'd i'd put my money on,but cali chrome might be a freek and win it all?,you never know that's why they call it a horse race.

I LIVE IN THE WONDERFUL BLUEGRASS STATE!TRUST ME THERE ARE ALOT OF US PULLING FOR CHROME.THE RACING INDUSTRY NEEDS A GOOD SHOT IN THE ARM AND CHROME WOULD BE GREAT FOR ALL THE LITTLE BREEDERS IN KY OR ANYWHERE ELSE.
PS.STIIL THE GREATEST THING IV'E EVER WITNESSED IN SPORTS IS SECRETARIAT AT THE BELMONT,STILL GIVE ME CHILLS!!!

I'm not a real fan of that fact some trainers not running the Preakness to have a better shot at the Belmont. It's a definite disadvantage to the horses that did. I'm hoping for a triple crown winner. We're long overdue. Here's to hoping that California chrome makes the rest of the field look like pony ring horses.

We'll some guys skip races cuz their horses aren't built for shorter races. We were steering my horse toward the Belmont. I had 5 Kentucky derby points and actually turned down an invitation to run in it. The plan was to run the Peter Pan stakes for money or the Kentucky derby under card. However when the races got loaded with monsters and a win wasn't assured I pulled my horse out of all the triple crown trials. I run for money and if I'm not the top horse in the race I don't run. But to answer your question my horse was bred for route races and that's why I opted out of the Kentucky derby. Some owners can't afford to run just to say they ran. No big deal. I've got next years derby prospect bought and training. He may not make it but it's fun trying.

For those of you who are horse guys check out the preview video of hip#92 at the keeneland select 2 yr olds in training sale from April. Taylor made farms picked him as their top prospect and so far he appears to have an incredible heart and a lot of intelligence and he's fast. He ran the 1/8 in 9 4/5! My trainer wants to open him up in the del mar maidens but I wanna try to break his maiden in the 2yr old race in Los alamitos mid July. I say a race is a race and on the first one why not go big. We can work on building up his heart afterwards.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom