'berry area water?

wyobackcountry

As a former UTopian I need some help.
I'm taking the family to strawberry for the weekend (dry camping) and was hoping to save about 5-600 pounds of water weight in the camper. What is the closest place to the 'berry to fill up the fresh water? I'll be coming in from Wyoming via I80.
Thanks, Russell

I think there is POTABLE Water at & near the Main Strawberry Marina?

LittleBeav aka berryblaster here on MM will surely Chime in & let you know!

I'm sure there are places in Heber you can top off with water also!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

Thanks Bessy!

I figured I could top off in Heber, with my little 4.7L I need to cruise as light as possible for as long as possible.

Anyone know the name of a place to stop and fill up?

I know it's not the best time of year to fish the 'Berry, but is anyone catching any fish?

You can usually catch Fish wyo!

Rainbows 1 to 3 lbs!

Sometines bigger!

Cutthroats anywhere from PISSCUTTERS on up to Nice Sized Fish!

The Cutts have a Slot 15" to 22" I Think?(Double Check on that!)

Good Luck!

Hopeing Beavis will Chime in on the H20!

The campgrounds at strawberry bay have water, but plan on paying for it. They charged me 5 bucks for water a few years back. The fishing is still good from a boat, dont know about shore fishing though. Good luck

Thanks for the info fellas!

B-bop, my family has owned property in Fruitland for 40+ years so I've got a few 'berry honey holes. My biggest berry cut was a measured 36"er (never weighed, but healthy) but this trip I'm definately gonna target the big slab football 'bows so my daughter can learn how a real fish fights.

Thanks for the heads up on the water fees!

I might just avoid the hassle and put the 'yota to work as our camp site will be a dry one. Unless Berryblaster can give me a tip. It's not like I'm asking for one of your honey holes:) just drinkable water.

Well wyo!

Since little Beavis won't leave his New Wife alone long enough to talk to us anymore I'll give you the Lodges Phone Number: 435-548-2261

Ask for Paul,He's a Great Guy,He's Beav's Dad!

Let him know you're an MM'er & Such!

I don't know if they'll charge you for the water or not?

I hear you on the Big Cutts!

6 & 8 years ago we caught numorous Cutts in the 28"-31" range!

Been a while since I've caught any that Big!

I agree,that Breed of Cutt sure don't Fight like they should!

I checked the Ladders just a couple days ago & I'd say the Cutt Run is perty much done!

She's loaded with Chubs again wyo,Sad but True!

Best of Luck!

I have family in Heber, they'll let you use their hose. I know the Marina has water, they have full hookups there.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Thanks again. After checking most gas stations in Heber I decided to try and find water at the lake. I talked to the campground manager at Aspen grove and filled up free of charge.

I stopped to pick up the usual 'berry "jigger fishing" bait of worms, marshmallows, and green/rainbow power bait with my 4 year old girl. She saw some dark/light pink twist power bait that SHE HAD TO HAVE. And after the 3 day weekend her pole with pink power bait was the only one out of 8 to catch a fish. She ended up catching about a dozen 'bows from 1 to 4 Pounds and 8 cuts from 14-23 inches.

All in all it was a great trip and I got exactly what I wanted out of the trip, a delicious crawfish boil and my daughter to catch some big fish. Can't wait 'till next year for our 3rd annual family trip!

Thanks again fellas!

Nice job wyo!

Sounds like you did Well!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom