Best $500-$600 scope?

$600 for a scope? I can remember when the question was "Best $500-$600 hunting rig?":)

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

Eel
once i put this $500 scope on my gun it'll probably be double the cost of my hunting rig. Sad really. And my mountain bike is worth more than either of them :)

I agree with the Leupold suggestion. I have 4.5X14 VariX3 with ballistic turret on my 300WBY Mag, meat in the pot.

I've been very satisfied with Burris Signature Series scopes but i'm not gonna say they're the best...pretty darn good though!

Tuff to beat Leupold for the customer service but they're getting to be over a grand in some examples and i just don't/ can't/ won't pay that when i can have a very nice scope, do the same things for half that amount.

Joey

wow.................
if you were lookin at gettin the better half a new set of DD's would you limit the job to 500.00-600.00?
i think you could probably get a cheap Leupold for that kinda money,problem is they are JUNK,and i doubt stinky would approve........

soon the love in his heart will be the rage in his fist

Jesus is coming and boy is he pissed

4b4654d74c2d46ca.jpg

VXIII 4.5X14

Mine has worked fine for well over a decade and has given me a house full of big dead animals taken from 30 to 480 yards with it.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-10 AT 09:29AM (MST)[p]Meopta Meostar 4-12x40. Cabela's use to carry Meopta riflescopes. Believe it or not Walmart now carries them online for $600-$650 depending on the reticle. They are true European class optics and if you've ever looked through Cabela's Euro Binos you know the quality will be there(they are made by the same company). They are 30mm tube and above the Leupold VXIII, Nikon Monarch, and Zeiss Conquest type of scopes. They are more comparative to the upper euro brands.

I would go with the Vortex Viper. They go all the way up to a 6.5-20x50. It's great glass with a great warranty. I wouldn't overlook them. If you are going to the Hunt Expo, I'm sure they'll have a booth, they always do. Check them out, you won't be disappointed.

CSO

It's all about the good times...

LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-10 AT 10:41AM (MST)[p]F-er Get on SampleList.com. I have found them to be pretty reasonably priced and description right on. I have also hunted pretty hard on Ebay and ended up with 2 Swaros pretty cheap. Whatever you do dont chince out on your scope, but I have a feeling you already know that.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-10 AT 10:51AM (MST)[p]thanks for all the great info fellas. probably been 11-12 years since I bought a new rifle scope. Most of what I own is Leopold and lean that way, but wouldn't mind seeing what else is available and how it compares.

never_catch
I got the Swarovski 65mm Spotter for checking out the women at long range :)

For the money you can't beat the Zeiss Conquest. I bought my 4.5 -14 for $585 new in the box with a US warrenty. I compared the Leupold VXIII and Zeiss side by side and the Zeiss blew the Leupold away.
Wes

I have a Leupold VX-3l 4.5 x 14 and a Zeiss Conquest 4.5 X 14. I really like them both. I am more comfortable with the Zeiss however and give it the edge over the Leupold. I bought the Zeiss 8 years ago and the Leupold about 3 years ago. I got pretty good deals online and I don't know if you could get either one for under $600 any more.
Good luck choosing.

I'll second Wes on the Zeiss. I have the same scope he does with the Rapid-Z 800 reticle. Man that's a good scope. Especially for the money.

"My sickle has a boattail"
"hidden soles leave .308 holes"

Yep, Leupold VX-3. I'd do a bit of research on the Zeiss Conquest series before considering one if I were you. mtmuley

I have had great performance from Leupold. Scopes, s. scopes, range finders, etc. Just won a 3.5 x 10 at a Mule Deer dinner and couldn't be happier.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom