Best Archery Tip Ever

M

mshred

What's the best archery tip you've ever received?

It can be related to shooting, equipment, hunting, ethics, whatever.

Let's hear em...

Shorten your draw length. Most guys are so speed crazy that if they'd shorten their draw length up to where it should be they'd become better shots and a lot more consistant.

>Shorten your draw length. Most guys
>are so speed crazy that
>if they'd shorten their draw
>length up to where it
>should be they'd become better
>shots and a lot more
>consistant.

That is my best tip received as well, I was shooting 1.5" too long in the beginning!

"Now we come to the most important pre-season question. Do you just want to go elk hunting, or do you want to bring one back? If you desire the latter, there is no substitute for hard work. The bigger your goal, the harder the work required to get there. Good luck!" - Cameron R. Hanes

SEENANY +1

Biggest problem I had for the first few years at flippin arrows at animals was elephant shooting. When I learned and trained myself to pick a spot I started taking animals.

GBA

Aim small Miss small. Same as pick a spot. since hearing those words my aim on live critters is much better.

Bucks and bulls may break my bones, but words will never hurt me!

Once in your comfortable draw and alignment , use your torso, not your arms, to move to aim.

Someone once told me there are reasons why some people shoot better than you do! So pay attention and learn from their experience!

Archery is a year round commitment!!

+1 BOW1231...Aim Small Miss Small.

"You're not going to kill any deer in camp" & "don't shoot a dink"

JB

Learn from your mistakes, learn from others mistakes, always learn from what you did, from success or failure, it can always be done better.

Kirby

When in doubt, floor it.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until you find a big stick.

I made a label that says "Pick A Spot!" and put it on the inside of the top limb of my bow...

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-09 AT 11:57AM (MST)[p]The old school method of Pin Bracketing! When you are in a rush and can't get to your rangefinder, this is how they ranged in the old days. You have to remember the pins that bracket each distance, but this method paid dividends for me on my first archery buck last year!!!

okay one more.. "ARROWS IN THE QUIVER DON'T DELIVER."
I do not live by this code but know a few that do.

Bucks and bulls may break my bones, but words will never hurt me!

1 consistance is practice
2 Patience is key
3 let the glass do the hiking for you
4 most important of all no dirt on your arrows

wax on wax off!!!

blackcloud_nv

some people have dumbo ears like yourself dont let the string catch them. hahahahahahahahah and the fu chew you tried to grow once didnt work out huh! lmao!

blackcloud_nv

If you don't have a 60 yard pin, put the 50 where you want to hit, then see where the forty yard pin rest, then move your fifty to that spot. So if a deer is a 60 yards, and you put your 50 yard pin on his heart look where your 40 lays on his body, and then move your fifty to that spot. I use this all the time, shooting practice at long distances and its worked very very well. My brother kill a bull at 63 yards using it also. It takes practice though.

Another one, if your questioning if your drop away rest is contacting the arrow, put lip stick on the rest. There should be lip stick on your fletches if your having any problems.

snipersmilie.gif

one shot

Other than the aforementioned "Aim Small, Miss Small" and "Don't look at your pins, focus on the target," I would say my best tip was:

"Always end a shooting session, with a good shot!"

The thought behind this, is that you leave a positve subconscious impression which helps you remember what you did right instead of a negative which you may repeat. If I am having an off day, I will end my session a little early and at a closer range I am confident with in hitting a good group. Yesterday, that was a 2.5" - 40 yard group after a hell of a time correcting fletching contact and bad arrow flight.

~ERock

Practice shooting down hill. Your range finder might say 40 yards but don't shoot it at 40.

Pick a spot, squeeze the trigger to create a suprise release. FOLLOW THROUGH. Don't break form till arrow hits the target.

The best advice is " DO NOT WAIT UNTIL 1 WEEK BEFORE THE HUNT TO START SHOOTING YOUR BOW "

my best advise was not really advise but joining an archery club 8 or 9 years ago, my accurancy, knowledge and confidence increased to a level that I can consider myself an equal with anyone I've shot with since.
"it didn't do anything for my buck/bull fever" LOL

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom