Best backpack for Archery

H

Hockeybh

LAST EDITED ON Nov-24-10 AT 01:50PM (MST)[p]Im just getting back into archery hunting and would like to find a nice backpack I can use for Archery. I dont want anything too big that it gets in my way, but wouldlike enough room to pack meat out. What do you guys use? Price?

I like my eberlestock X1. The thing I like most about it is that you can carry your bow in it and get your bow off your back without taking your pack off. It's a great day pack. It was not super comfortable with an elk quarter, but got the job done for the first trip out.

I have a Badlands 2800 and 4500. The 2800 has plenty of room and cinches down pretty tight to keep it out of the way. It also has a split wing design that enables you to carry meat quarters on the pack without having to unload your equipment. If I remember it didn't cost more than $250 or so. Also carries a no question lifetime warranty. All you pay is shipping to and from the repair center. Hope this help narrow down your search.
WVBOWAK

i like to use the Badlands 2200, I can keep it small and light if i want and shoot with it on even when loaded up. If you cant get it inside you should be able to tie it on somewhere. I have had some serious loads on it and have yet to crack a buckle or tear a stitch. Lots of good packs out there but my money will go to Badlands. If the pic works it me packing out my friends sons opening morning rifle deer....good luck with your decision, lots to choose from

You have lots of great options. There are several things you need to decide first.
Do you want to have everything on you for 1 day 3 days...etc?

Do you want to be prepared to pack out an animal after harvest?

Do you want to go light and fast?

I review back packs for several companies, and have a good idea what works, lasts and is comfortable.

Some of the very best:

-BadLands 2200
-BadLands 2800
-Eberlestock Just one J34
-Black Creeks Canadian, or Alaskan
-Any Mystery Ranch.

All those packs will allow for 1-4 days hunting, haul out game, haul optics, etc.

PM me if you want more specific information.

I have a badlands Hypervent pack for sale that works well for archery if that would be of any interest to you. $140.00

I like the badlands packs. They have several to choose from and they will all work very well for what they are made to do. I dont think there is one pack that will fit the bill for every situation.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

The harder you work the luckier you get!!

I like the Hornhunter Mainbeam. Used Badlands 2200 and it is a great pack as well. The Hornhunter just fits me better.

"Half of being smart, is knowing what you're dumb about."

im a shot stocky guy and the badlands 2200 is where its at for me. i love it. i bought it at the beginning of the season and it holds all of my needs. and i can pack out my deer as well. it was $200

LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-10 AT 11:33AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-10 AT 11:32?AM (MST)

This year I have been using the Full Curl System by Horn Hunter and it is the best pack I have ever used. It is very versatile and is like having three packs in one. It has the Hybrid Curl Frame that has side pocket with 600 cubic inches of space with a shelf for hauling meat and straps for securing your load, then there is the Full Curl Pack that you can attach to the frame giving you 2000 cubic inches of total space plus the shelf for hauling meat, then there is the Full Curl Bag that you can also attach to the frame giving you a total of 5000 cubic inches of space allowing enough space to pack a week worth of gear into the back country.

Adaptability is what this pack system offers. It can be a 600 cubic inch, 2000 cubic inch or a 5000 cubic inch pack. Whatever you need for your hunting situation.

I have used some great packs by Badlands, Black Creek, Cabela's and Horn Hunter over the years but the New Full Curl System by Horn Hunter is the only pack that has the options to adjust to my needs. From short glassing trips before work to the week long hunting trips in the back country it has worked great. It also has a great guarantee.

Good luck as you get back into archery. If you have any questions about the Full Curl System by Horn Hunter you can PM me. I have used it a TON this year.

I picked up an Eberlestock X2 before my San Juan Elk Ridge hunt this fall. It turned out to be one of the best pieces of quipment I've ever bought.

Here's a few pics of hunting, bivying and meat hauling I did this fall with it.

Off on a 3 day bivy hunt on the San Juan
3349bivy_pack.jpg

Here's a boned out hind quarter from my elk loaded and ready to go up the hill
9803eberlestock-x2-hind-qtr.jpg

Trying to sort out how to carry the mud soaked cape and the head
1715first-load.jpg

This one was about 110 lbs with the cape, head and tenderloins
8782packout1.jpg

This was a crazy load. One hind quarter and one front quarter of my buddy Jon's 6x6 Wasatch Mtns bull this year
7190jons-elk.jpg

Cheers,
Pete

I use a hornhunter mainbeam xl and it has worked great for me very comfortable organzied with all the pockets and you can haul a to of meat on it has well hornhunters G2 and mainbeam are excellant bowhunting packs as well. But I think there new full curl will blow all 3 of them out of the water I have one of these on my wish list. Hornhunter makes an awesome pack and have a lifetime no questions asked guarantee.

http://www.elknut.com
Vortex Optics Dealer

Eberlestock X2, it won't disappoint you & as you can see from the photos above it's a great meat hauler & is a very compact pack!

It's one of the best I've owned to date, I give it the edge over the Badlands 2200 unless you are over 6' tall.

ElkNut1

Eberlerstock J34. It can compact down like the X model but can go huge if you need to with the super spike duffle. Sweet system.

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd"

All the packs listed above are great and the Badlands Warranty is top notch.

This past year though, I took a different approach...a Backpackers Pack. I chose the Gregory Z65, but it was a close decision between this and the Osprey Atmos. Backpackers Packs tend to be real comfortable and depending on which models you choose, can also take a pretty heavy load.

The Osprey Atmos is basically the Badlands Sacrifice without camo. The Gregory Z65 is very similar, but had a couple of different design features I liked.

Both packs have different torso sizes and have plenty of lashing points and can both cinch down to almost nothing and expand to accomodate more gear. Also, both have the "Hypervent" type of system to keep your back cool.

I hiked around allot with about 50(+) lbs of gear and the pack never became uncomfortable. Higher loads near 100 lbs are possible, but as with any pack; it's not going to be a joy to carry, just tolerable.

?-ERock-> ?

Badlands 2200 works great,you can pack out alot meat. Happy with mine. I like all the pockets, and easy access to them. And the clean up good as well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom