Best Boots

B

bigboney

I wanted to know what other MM-users thought was the best boot on the market....for the price, comfort and durability?

I currently use the Cabelas Meindl Denali boot, but this is my 4th pair in 4 years and I seem to wear them out pretty fast. Going through a pair of boots every year is getting pricey!
In the past I've seen other boot threads and also youtube videos, but paying $400 for a pair of boots is almost out of the question if they aren't going to last more than a year.

Please post your thoughts, ideas on some better boots or how I can keep my boots in working condition longer than a year

I like Kennetrek best. I like them best because they wear well break in easy. I also have a size 15 narrow feet and they carry that actual boot. I tried what Meindl called a B and it was real wide on me an I wore them out in 2 years. I was a Danner man for 30 years but it isn't the same company it used to be.

Danner Vanish, no questions asked. Too bad Cabela's is always out of them. These boots feel like I'm wearing my tennis shoes. Warm, light, durable, waterproof, and affordable.

Layemdown

"Vegetables are not food, vegetables are what food eats!!"

Crispi makes a great boot and they are 400.00...... but you can once in while pick em up on Camofire.com for 1/2 price!

When Vasque were still made in Italy they were my favorite, their chinese stuff is not even close.

I wear a size 15 so I am limited. I have several pairs and wear them every day.

Favorite go to boot is Lowa Tibet.

2nd is Kenetrek mountain extreme. The Tibets fit a little better and are not quite as bulky as the Kenetreks.

I know there are other quality boots out there, but, many are not made in a 15.

I have a pair of Meindel Perfect hunters and have been pretty pleased with them, I oil them regularly and they are holding up pretty well after a couple years. I just got a pair of the Denalis and I sure hope mine last longer than a year.

I have tried all kinds of Danners and find that they just don't hold up that well. Comfy, but they fall apart quick.

The old school Cabelas Outfitter boots were pretty tough, not super comfortable, but pretty durable. Not sure if they even still make them the next generation outfitter boots aren't as durable.

I also bought a pair of Hanwag from Lathrop and Sons and was super disapointed. I paid way too much for those boots and they tore apart on the inside after less than a year. I would never buy Hanwag again.

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

I use Kenetrek mountain extremes later in the year and Lowa Rangers earlier in the year. I've hunted hard for three years in the Kenetreks and they are holding up well. I oil them and have had the rands glued back in some spots.

I have no problem recommending either boot depending on the predominant situation.

I wear a 14 so finding boots is always a challenge. I will look into those boots everyone has mentioned. Keep the info and ideas coming, it really helps!

>I have a pair of Meindel
>Perfect hunters and have been
>pretty pleased with them, I
>oil them regularly and they
>are holding up pretty well
>after a couple years.
>I just got a pair
>of the Denalis and I
>sure hope mine last longer
>than a year.
>
>I have tried all kinds of
>Danners and find that they
>just don't hold up that
>well. Comfy, but they
>fall apart quick.
>
>The old school Cabelas Outfitter boots
>were pretty tough, not super
>comfortable, but pretty durable.
>Not sure if they even
>still make them the next
>generation outfitter boots aren't as
>durable.
>
>I also bought a pair of
>Hanwag from Lathrop and Sons
>and was super disapointed.
>I paid way too much
>for those boots and they
>tore apart on the inside
>after less than a year.
> I would never buy
>Hanwag again.
>
>Dax
>
>There is no such thing as
>a sure thing in trophy
>mule deer hunting.

Did you take this up with Lathrop and Sons? If that is where you bought them, I'd about guarantee that they'd do all they could to replace them. You are the FIRST person I have ever heard that had something bad to say about Hanwags...

LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-12 AT 06:14AM (MST)[p]Meindel perfect fit. I wore these in 15 below weather in Montana last year with no problem.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

im on my 5th season with my danner elk hunters. they are exclusively at cabelas. ive worn out one 2 soles but the leather is still in great shape. ill pay the little extra to have a good boot that lasts.

"Shoot Straight"

Another vote for Meindl.I was going to buy the Crispi's,but Cabela's doesn't sell them.I got my last pair of Meindl's for free with my Cabela's points.I have had nothing but good luck with the Meindl's.Three different pairs and three different styles.All good.

Tried on the Kenetrek Hardscrabble at Sportsmen's Warehouse.Wore them around the store for 30 minutes.Very stiff-I could see that a long break-in time would be necessary with that boot.

Been a Meindl Alaskan Hunter fan for years and still am, but really liking what I am seeing out of Crispi now.

Hanwag are my personal favorites followed by by Meindl (Perfekt or Denali) and also Asolo. I had two pairs of Kenetrek Hardscrabble Hikers and sent them both back after losing numerous toenails and having some horrible blisters.

While early and I bought them this year, the Meindl Perfekts are looking good so far.

I loved my old Vasques and got 5 years out of them, but looking at the new ones I could see they are a huge step down in workmanship.

Love the Meindl boots from Cabelas. Tried the Hanwags, which didn't fit even after two visits to Lantrhops custom shop. Have also used the Lowa's which are good but heavy.
Bill

Thanks for all the advice. My eyes have been opened to other brands and I have some deciding to do. Everyone's advice has been really helpful

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom