Best bow for my son

I am looking into purchasing a bow for my oldest son (he's 9 but is the size of a 12/13 year old). I would like to purchase around x-mas which will allow him about 16 months of practice before he can hunt with it.

I was looking at the Bowtech Diamond and Mathews mission, but leaning towards the Bowtech.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

The most important thing is that it be low enough poundage that it is easy for them to draw and that it is the right draw length. You can ruin a kid on shooting in a fast hurry by putting them on 30 lbs and a draw length that is 2" - 3" too long right off the bat. They will hate archery forever :)

Second thing is to make sure you have a good rest and sight. The cheap stuff is always moving and or breaking. This leaves your kids struggling with arrows all over the bail.

If you live in the Salt Lake area, you can bring the rodents to DATUS on Friday nights to our JOAD. There you can see exactly what's up with most of the bows available. Even shoot our recurves and get instruction on a weekly basis.

Cheers,
Pete

Hey thanks for the posts. We actually live in nw AZ so it would be a bit of a drive to make it to your shoot!

I agree with you on the poundage and that's why I want to get him a bow before too long to allow for ample time to increase the poundage and his capability.
Thanks again for the info it is greatly appriciated!

Go with the Diamond Razor Edge draw length goes from 19-29" and draw weight goes from 30-60Lbs. That is without changing the limbs or the cams. You wont have to buy him another bow until he is old enough to buy his own.

>Go with the Diamond Razor Edge
>draw length goes from 19-29"
>and draw weight goes from
>30-60Lbs. That is without
>changing the limbs or the
>cams. You wont have
>to buy him another bow
>until he is old enough
>to buy his own.

i done a lot of research and looking at different bows for the past few months. i just got the Diamond Razors Edge for my son. He has not shot it yet so cant tell you much about that as its for x-mas also. but like said before big adjustments that you can do yourself.

"There's a high country that awaits your coming; There's awesome beauty to fill you with bliss; There's a golden chance in the offering--- Go, or these wonders of GOD you will miss."
--Bruce Brady

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom