Best chain saw

Feleno

Long Time Member
in the $300-$400 range? Something reliable for cutting mostly 8-12 diameter, moderate use.
Thanks

Stihl are the best I've used if they still make the farm boss it would be great and runs around 400

There's only one Chainsaw!

Stihl!

Got a Husky,Good Saw!

Got a Jonsered,Good Saw!

Kinda like a Chevy,Ford,Dodge debate!

BigStick swears by his HUSKY!

One of these days I'm gonna show him what a real Tree looks like!:D:D:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Stihl for sure. I used them when I worked seasonal jobs. They always worked real well and we ran the hell out of them. Always wear those Kevlar chaps. I've seen some accidents where the bar hits them, and that's the only thing that saved the person using the saw. I will never operate one without them, even with moderate use.

$300-$400 ain't gonna by much of a stihl. Maybe used but not much of a new one. Even then if ya buy used its "buyer beware". But stihl is good chit...

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

>$300-$400 ain't gonna by much of
>a stihl. Maybe used but
>not much of a new
>one. Even then if ya
>buy used its "buyer beware".
>But stihl is good chit...
>
>
>"Courage is being scared to death
>but saddling up anyway."

The Stihl MS251 is $370 brand new. Plenty of saw for bucking firewood and thinning trees.

Hey F'er?

You wanna try my Stihl 066 MAGNUM out?

I'll show you the Tree I want/Need cut down!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I have a Stihl MS180 ($200) I use for cutting up sawmill trim (4X4's up to 6X12's). It works great.

The only issue the 180 has is the carburetor. It's kind of a cheap diaphragm type. The issue is the additives in the gas we have to use here in Kali eats away at it. After about 18 months I have to replace the carb. I can get a rebuild kit for $15 or get a new carb for $30. I've been getting a new one. It takes about 20 minutes to change it. (instructions on YouTube tells you how).

Eel

>Someone else's.
>
>[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I
>just stir it.[/font]

You Ain't borrowing Mine!

Put that 066 in your Hands & You'd be Dangerous!!!

You will do very well with either a Stihl or a Husky, but you will have to settle for a very small saw for that price if you intend to buy new. If you are just limbing and thinning poles, then a small saw is just fine. However, if your goal is to put away wood, then I would encourage you to buy a larger saw, used, and target larger trees. Those 8-12" trees just don't add up to much volume. Get something that will maintain good chain speed on a 24 inch bar. Anything shorter than that will require a lot of bending over. Don't neglect to wear chaps, and if you haven't tried "bug eyes", then buy a pair (much better than glasses).

>Here is one for $9. your
>welcome. saved ya big bucks
>
>
>http://www.amazon.com/Chainmate-CM-...&qid=1399867509&sr=8-1&keywords=hand+chainsaw

LMAO!

I'll bet after F'er tries that Saw He'll be looking for a Stihl with a 125cc engine on it!:D

Here is one my brother made for me ...inexpensive... good for AGGIES or PLOISH

3864chain_saw_001.jpg

I think it all depends on how much you're going to use it. Chain saws are like [email protected] you don't keep em lubricated and working, they dry out and are useless. You'll end up spending a lot more money in the long run as you'll end up just leaving it at the gas station anyway.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

From a retired loggers perspective, I agree chain saws are like Chevy, Ford, Dodge. Any of them will do the job. It's all about the file and the skill of the man using the file.

LAST EDITED ON May-12-14 AT 12:43PM (MST)[p]I had a Stihl 55 for years,good saw.
Got stolen and got a Huskie Rancher 55 ,Great saw too.
Seen too many accidents thru the years to not wear protective gear at all times... and never touch a ladder with a saw running in your hand.

conch, that's sure true! I worked on the landing a couple years. The company provided the saw and a file. It was either learn how to file your chain or work yourself to death. Your choice. Thankfully I learned how to file and how to keep it out of the dirt!

Eel

LAST EDITED ON May-12-14 AT 05:00PM (MST)[p]Husqvarna..Or you buy a Stihl of similar power to the husky,but buy two, bolt them together at the crank and you will almost have as much pulling power as the Husqvarna..weight will suck balls tho.

On a more serious note, I buy saws like i do optics/rifles.I want the damn thing to work when I need it.

1.Husqvarna
2. Stihl
3.Jonesred
4.Dolmar

stick with those,and buy the "professional" offerings and I bet you'll be happy.

JUDAS REDDOG!

Where you been?

What about the Makita Chain Saw DAWG?

Just a thought. No doubt Stihl & Husqie are the better saws, but, nothing worse going out to cut wood, having one saw and having a problem.

You can buy two 16" Poulans for $125 each, and buy an extra bar and several chains and stay under $400.

Nothing is stopping you now.

I have a 20" Husquvarna, 24" Husquavarna and about 6 poulans in 14" & 16".

Guess which ones I grab to go thin Pinon/Juniper? I may grab one Husky, but, I take 2-3 poulans and use them 90% of the time.

They also are much better on gas.

Just a thought.

I dont think they are being made by husky anymore bess, I used a freinds new one and it was a POS.

THe right Makita is a good one tho.

>Just a thought. No doubt
>Stihl & Husqie are the
>better saws, but, nothing worse
>going out to cut wood,
>having one saw and having
>a problem.
>
>You can buy two 16" Poulans
>for $125 each, and buy
>an extra bar and several
>chains and stay under $400.
>
>
>Nothing is stopping you now.
>
>I have a 20" Husquvarna, 24"
>Husquavarna and about 6 poulans
>in 14" & 16".
>+1 Paul, I forgot about the 2 Echo saws I have for limbing.A 14" and 20".Paid less than $100 for each and they are light. A good running sharp 14" will cut most wood to 20".
I learned old school file sharpening,and still use it.
>Guess which ones I grab to
>go thin Pinon/Juniper? I
>may grab one Husky, but,
>I take 2-3 poulans and
>use them 90% of the
>time.
>
>They also are much better on
>gas.
>
>Just a thought.

Thanks for the insight and humor boys. I'm going shopping Saturday and will come home with something.

I am thinking that anyone that does not post on the chainsaw thread might be gay. That's why I posted

Hey F'er!

A Few years ago while cutting Trees for Dedicated Hunter Hours I found a Saw!

It Ain't a Good one!

Nobody would Claim it!

I'm sure after you made one trip to the Mountain with it you'd definitely be making a Trip down to the Store to get you a New Stihl!:D

Learn to sharpen your chains or you'll be better off leavin your wife at the gas station again...

Traditional >>>------->

Buy a Poulan. You just have to buy a new one every year and your pull arm gets a great work out. Also you do not have to deal with all the noise! If you want to cut wood buy a Stihl.

I have a Sthil and a Poulan,anytime a neighbor or friends ask to borrow my saw I hand them the Poulan.

>338
>That was the winner

What?

Always remember to finish the Cut after Lunch!

I have had a stihl ms290 for the last 6 or 7 years. Casey Penney in fillmore worked some magic on it and it's much peppier than it was from the dealer. Somehow it got backed over by the wood trailer and its still going strong.

I want a bigger saw and I think my next one will probably be a husky if not another stihl.

>DUH....buy whichever one fits your wife's
>hand best.

No buy the one that makes her breasts look bigger and her butt smaller. But at least be decent enough to buy her a good pair of gloves.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom