Best long range setup?

zeddro

What is you guys best long range setup?

I don't want to get into the ethics of this, it has been hashed out to many times. This is just for fun and to challenge each one of us.

Let me know what equipment you guys shoot and what you have found to be very effective for those long range shots.

I use a Mathews LX with a 10 1/2" AEP stabilizer, a small side kicker stabilizer, Custom Bow Equipment 3D Tek Lite sight with an up pin, a four arrow quiver, Gold Tip 5575 Pro Hunters with 3" Vanetec vanes, Beiter nocks, Gold Tip Centurion broadheads, Carter Colby release with the spike head and a Mathews drop away rest.

Not that I would take a long shot though ;)

>what is your take on the
>longer stabilizers?
>
>Also, do you have an adjustable
>single pin sight on your
>bow?

I prefer a longer stabilizer at it gets the weight farther out from the bow and makes it harder to torque the bow as well as being benficial to aiming. My stabilizer rod is very light weight with a weight on the end.

Yes, my sight is a single pin with range adjustment. That is what I shoot year round and it is what I am most comfortable with. Multiple pins confuse me!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-08 AT 03:09PM (MST)[p]I think if you're talking about a "long-range" hunting set-up the best one is the one you can shoot accurately at long range!!! Traditional wisdom will tell you a bow with a longer (36"+) axle-to-axle and a longer (7"+) brace height will be more forgiving and thus more accurate, especially at long range, but there are plenty of deadly accurate bows these days that don't fall into those guidelines. If you wanna shoot long range while hunting I'd suggest a good rangefinder and a bunch of practice!

Whoops...you also asked about our set-up. My primary hunting set-up is below. It works for me. I can guarantee you my equipment is better than I'll ever be.

Hoyt Seven37
Black Gold Flashpoint Ignite
Bodoodle Game Dropper
Sims/Limbsaver Modular Stabilizer
Gold Tip Pro Hunter 7595
Stanislawski SX-2 Trio

Pse X-force at 70# with a spot hog SDP, carbon tech cheetah 350grain with a magnus snuffer ss broad head and fuse 8 inch stabilizer and a bodoodle rest. Can't beat 318 fps with your hunting set up. 340 with my 3d arrows :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom