Best Non-Lead 270WSM load

sremim

Very Active Member
I'll be getting some non-lead bullets for my upcoming deer hunt to load in my 270WSM. Anybody have any good loads they've found? My options are the Barnes TSX, tipped TSX, Hornady GMX, or Nosler E-tip.

I'm also trying to decide between 130 and 140gr. The only ones I can get in 140 are the Barnes TSX.....

Any thoughts?

I'd try those Barnes 140 TSX with Reloader 17 powder. Might just be a big winner!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I'm shooting the 140 barnes over a modest load of imr4350 at 3100fps and getting excellent accuracy.

Sremin, Federal premium has two bullets loaded that are essentially non leaded designs for the .270WSM Ones the trophy all copper and the others is the TSX. Both give 3280 ft velocity and would work for you to try. I know you're going to load some up but sometimes it's nice to have a quick alternative. Just a little more for you to ponder. Hope all's well with you CA

LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-12 AT 11:35PM (MST)[p]I'm gonna load some 110TTSX and push them fast..If I can get good groups I'll hopefully get to try them out on a buck this year..

For what it's worth the extra speed out of the 110's make for some pretty good ballistics down range compared to the heavier copper bullets...Should be a great deer round..

If I could shoot lead here I would try to duplicate Joey's load he uses for his 270WSM, it's smoking fast and good BC with the Accubond's...

Side note: I got great accuracy out of 140TSX that I loaded previously, I just wanted to try a different powder for more speed and looked into the 110TSX and the ballistics downrange compared to the 140's sounded better...
horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Thanks for the info.....my original load was going to be the 140 accubonds, but I am getting a free box of non-lead bullets which is the reason I am searching for a good load for them.

I'll look into the ones you guys have mentioned. Thanks.

i just got back from the range and shot a 3" group at 500yards with 150 gr bergers over 60g of re17. im planning on working up to 62g for a little more velocity, but the accuracy so far is awesome.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom