Best Spotter in $800 range?

T

tshuntin

This has been talked about before and I am wanting to see if there are further newer reviews of comments on this topic. I am looking for the best spotting scope in the $800 price range. I am leaning towards the Vortex Viper HD 20-60x80 with angled eye piece.

I would love any feedback that any of you have on why I should or shouldn't buy this spotting scope. And if not, please tell me what you would recommend.

I really appreciate any feedback that you all are willing to share. Thanks, TS

I just ordered the 20-60x80 Viper (non HD). It should be here in a few days. It's pretty large and heavy, but 95% of my use will be on a window mount on my truck.

There are lots to pick from in that money range. I have no experience, so I can't give you an opinion as to which one is best.

Eel

It all depends on what you are wanting to do with the scope. If you are looking for something that can be packed easily and weight is a factor, look at the Nikon ED 50. You can get them for $699 for the straight body brand new from a couple retailers and I think CameralandNY has demos listed at $649 for the angled or straight body if they are in stock. This is an outstanding piece of glass for the money and size. Nikon has followed suit with the other manufacturers with a no fault warranty as well.

I don't have a ton of experience in the 80mm range but I can say great things about the Vortex Viper HD. Plus their warranty is top notch from everything I have ever heard. At just under 4 lbs and almost 18 inches long though it can and will take up a ton of space in a pack. Just keep that in mind.

I saw the viper 20 x 60 x 80 hd for like $660 @ kents. 435 257 7014 ask for Layne.

It was a few months ago that I asked about it. I must have confused them. My bad. Layne and Jeff are great to deal with. I have bought 5 different optics from them in the past year or so. I swear by Vortex.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom