Best Time 2 Hang Stands????

Blackknight

LAST EDITED ON Sep-08-06 AT 10:52PM (MST)[p]When is the best time to hang stands for mule deer? Im talking about hour or clock time. I would like to hear from the rest of you what time you set your tree stands or even natural ground blinds!!

between 10 and 12. after they have laid down for a few hours to digest, and before they get up for a noon walk or watering.

but if hanging it at a watering hole I would probably hang it between 7 and 9 because they may come in to the watering hole at noon.

Nate

Great question... I have wondered the same thing. I guess it all depends on where your stand is located. If it's over a bed, seems like sometime at night would be best... Or get there, early, make sure nothing is using the bed that day, then do it. Over water I would say anytime during the day... Animals usually water in the evening/after dark. I could be wrong. Over a trail between a bedding/feeding area... During the day again. Not sure. Goodluck!

At one of my stand locations, the deer show up every day about 11:30am to water. Go Figure!

Cheers,
Pete

9-11 a:m 1-3 p:m Waterholes and 1-3 p:m Trails leading to bedding area,s hunt the next morning, bedding area 5 a:m to be hunted same day I don't think there is a true and fast rule you just got to time it to the movement of the deer.

Many years ago I was hunting in Kaibab and my buddy and I were real tired and as we were driving down the road I saw a tank down off the road. I hung a stand on that tank at about 4:30 p.m. and my buddy sat a ground blind on a tank about a mile further down the road. 1/2 hour after hanging the stand, which included us banging nails, cutting tree limbs etc., 2 does came into the tank right under my stand. An hour later I shot a little 4 point from that stand. So who knows, lots of luck involved. Jim

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom