BEWARE, Here is a story for you.

Hey Rump: how would you like to go do a few beers and maybe
bowl a few lines,You know kinda like real pals,like steel workers or pipe fitters do after work.Check your "APPOINTMENTS"
in the old Franklin day planner and see if it could be a possibility: <cheers>: RIMROCK

P.S>longest post--not even close..The longest post envolved
real hunting and technical info.

Bobcat, If your friend was breaking points off of a spike by three he wasting time. Any elk is legal as long as one side is a spike. 1x1 ok, 1x2 ok, 1x3 ok, 2x2 illegal. This is a stupid rule, all these elk are the same age, 1 1/2 years old.

Last year 2004 season I had a cow tag, and in the meadow below me a cow, the light was low.
she was with a bull that barked at me and they both headed out, I chirped an got the cow to give me a shot. I checked through the scope at her head first, then squeezed one off.
when I got up to her she turned out to be a he, a 3 x rag horn bull. I didn't see the rack cause his background was thick pine branches, and the light was still early.
My mistake, I called the Colorado DOW, and proceeded to quarter and care for the bull. By the time the DOW showed up everything was at the truck.
I got a "minimal" ticket of $ 64.00 and I paid it. I was able to sleep at night. I could have waited or passed on the shot,I thought I had a positive ID.
In your situation I would have never taken the shot in the first place.

437559c76da7c4ad.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom