BIG 2B BUCKS

Rob Degner had a hunter from CT take a good buck. We hunted hard and never saw a bomber in the south end of the unit. Ran up north one evening and saw 141 deer, which 2 were spikes and one legal fork-horn. I passed on a good buck the second morning which another hunter killed on the last day. Guppy bucks around, we didn't see a single monster.

www.deanparisian.com
www.teammuleys.com

I saw a monster just not sure how big. He was 1400 yards away but looked like a great deer in the scope on 16 power. It was the one time I didn't take thr spotter and regret it terribly.

It seems like not a lot of big bucks were killed for the 2B hunts. I have not seen any pictures of any bruisers. I guess it was just a slow year....

The last I had heard was that the Southern Ute nation had substantially increased the numbers of tags they have allotted this year as well as last year. What does that equate to? More mature bucks being killed in southern Colorado during their migration before they get to 2-B. Having that January archery tag and a limited amount of days, "if any" to hunt,I am going to lower my standards and take the first "mature" buck I can get in range of. I know this was the premier tag that New Mexico had to offer but with the new conditions and poor management of such a quality area, I will probably consider applying for other places that also have good genetics but perhaps not as many deer. After seeing the bucks that the Gila has to offer I'm guessing that may be my new stomping grounds or maybe I'll be faithful to good ole'43.

Muleywhisperer is spot on No Quota on Southern ute tags.
This could only relate to 1 thing Less bucks make it to NM

People blame the snow "not enough snow this year" BS.
2b haydays are over until they put a quota on how many tribal members get tags and shorten their seasons.

I've seen some stud bucks come out of 2b and 2c this year but they are the native bucks that don't migrate and have been watching the last couple years

Like crazymaes stated...the 2B hay days are over. those are over rated units now. we need better mule deer management for all units. Some units have bigger deer now and are improving because maybe no one is applying for those unit instead they apply for unit 2s? I've hunted a unit in North central NM and I've seen some nice bucks but you have to work for it. As for Southern Ute,they need to allocate their tags to a minimum... Just my opinion.

Can't post the pics but one was 198" pics from him last year he was over 200 typical 10 no trash

This is a joke about southern utes!! only if u aholes know really how the deer move. And I like how u think all the deer come from Co. Seen more big deer coming off Carcass mesa then any there. So u all need to get facts straight!!! And cmaez ur a leech when iy comes to hunting!!I took u around my area then u talk crap!! Way to show your true colors. Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Nov-19-13 AT 08:37PM (MST)[p]Believe me you didnt teach me anything I already didnt know
As of this year it was my 17th year hunting there.Even your Brother said there needs to be a Quota.Ask him

As far as 2b you dont hunt it so you dont know how its been affected.10 years ago you could find Giant bucks and a least see alot more of them.How many tags did the ute allocate 10 years ago?How many do they allocate now?When did the Brunot go into affect?That area has enough tags to fill ute permits and always will.But those deer will never make it to 2b.

##### if I had a ute permit and got To hunt in December I would
not have to worry about killing a monster buck every year in pajamas.And could sell my racks every year as well.lol

Not trying to piss off the world. Can Americans hunt the Ute Reservation at the same cost the Utes can hunt the Off Reservation Land? I believe in NM the Indians can put in for the draw AND hunt their Reservation. But everyone else can only hold 1 deer license per year in NM.

-Bill

It's all the Indian?s fault!!!! Better go get John Wayne and whip some ass?.. Come on guys, you are being a bunch of racist A-holes. I am not Native American, and I will not defend them more than anyone else, but blaming the lack of bucks on the Ute Reservation hunting practices is assanighn. One of the previous posts states that the problem is that they get to hunt the bucks in December, so in my mind that means the bucks are nowhere near 2B during the November rifle hunts. Could the real reason be:

1. Extremely poor management;
2. A wellhead or drilling rig every 20 feet;
3. An access road that gets you to almost every spot of 2B via vehicle;
4. A hunter behind every single tree and bush;
5. Two adjacent reservations that the deer can bail too given all the pressure 2B gets;
6. Poaching nonstop from August to February or March when the bucks drop their antlers; and
7. 50 other reasons other than the Ute?s taking a disproportionate amount of deer in December that stops the bucks from reaching 2B in October and November (still don't know how that works)

If it is all the Utes that cause the problems why do the Jics have so many deer and the biggest ones too? It comes down to management. 2B gets how many tags every year? 9,000,000 or so?. If it was just a Ute problem units like 27, 23 Burros, Rio Chama, 5B, and the Sandias would all be producing toads on a regular basis. While a few are taken every year there are nowhere near the number taken on comparable CO or UT units. NM?s deer management is a joke. Blaming it on anyone thing other than overall management is just being ignorant. The full focus of any blame should be with the NMDGF and more so the Game Commission.

2B MONSTER BUCK...
5413img_2187.jpg

>It's all the Indian?s fault!!!! Better
>go get John Wayne and
>whip some ass?.. Come on
>guys, you are being a
>bunch of racist A-holes. I
>am not Native American, and
>I will not defend them
>more than anyone else, but
>blaming the lack of bucks
>on the Ute Reservation hunting
>practices is assanighn. One of
>the previous posts states that
>the problem is that they
>get to hunt the bucks
>in December, so in my
>mind that means the bucks
>are nowhere near 2B during
>the November rifle hunts. Could
>the real reason be:
>
>1. Extremely poor management;
>2. A wellhead or drilling rig
>every 20 feet;
>3. An access road that gets
>you to almost every spot
>of 2B via vehicle;
>4. A hunter behind every single
>tree and bush;
>5. Two adjacent reservations that the
>deer can bail too given
>all the pressure 2B gets;
>
>6. Poaching nonstop from August to
>February or March when the
>bucks drop their antlers; and
>
>7. 50 other reasons other than
>the Ute?s taking a disproportionate
>amount of deer in December
>that stops the bucks from
>reaching 2B in October and
>November (still don't know how
>that works)
>
>If it is all the Utes
>that cause the problems why
>do the Jics have so
>many deer and the biggest
>ones too? It comes down
>to management. 2B gets how
>many tags every year? 9,000,000
>or so?. If it was
>just a Ute problem units
>like 27, 23 Burros, Rio
>Chama, 5B, and the Sandias
>would all be producing toads
>on a regular basis. While
>a few are taken every
>year there are nowhere near
>the number taken on comparable
>CO or UT units. NM?s
>deer management is a joke.
>Blaming it on anyone thing
>other than overall management is
>just being ignorant. The full
>focus of any blame should
>be with the NMDGF and
>more so the Game Commission.
>

THANK YOU!!!!! WELL SAID.

>Not trying to piss off the
>world. Can Americans hunt
>the Ute Reservation at the
>same cost the Utes can
>hunt the Off Reservation Land?
> I believe in NM
>the Indians can put in
>for the draw AND hunt
>their Reservation. But everyone
>else can only hold 1
>deer license per year in
>NM.
>
>-Bill

I am curious about this as well...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom