Big Bull Elk

HayZeus

Very Active Member
I was lucky enough to be with my good friend and his dad when he shot this awesome bull.We chased the rumor of a 400" bull til the second to last day of the season but the last day he had to hunt.We found this bull and he made a hell of a shot from 400 yards and I was able to get it all on video.We saw over 20 6 point bulls in 8 days of hard hunting.It was one of the best elk hunts I've been on and one of the hardest packs out.
7342dsc03167.jpg

Abf2fry, no this wasnt a supertag.He got lucky and drew a 2nd chance tag.The guy who had the super tag shot a little bull after finding 2 bulls that were over 390, or so they told me.They were in a wilderness area and he didnt like the idea of walking for them.I geuss he got tired of it and found one close to a road.Seeing them from an airplane is alot easier than finding them on foot and killing them.I think closing those roads down in the wilderness areas is the best thing for the animals, it saved a couple big bulls for next year and for someone willing to earn it.I geuss he was happy though and thats all that matters.Did you ever have any luck with your tag?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-11 AT 05:45PM (MST)[p]Yep I filled my Super Tag in 41 on Nov. 19th! he was not a toad at all, but after hunting since Aug 30th I was really happy to get it done! I worked hard and made a ton friends that i would never would had met if it was not for this tag! I plan on spending a ton on these tags next year for me and my wife to try to get it again, so keep your eyes on those Elk I am pretty sure I will be call you . Joe
2240elk.jpg

Zeus, your buddy is one lucky guy, I spoke with him a few months back and he has drawn a few GOOD tags in the past couple years and taken some great animals! Congrats to him and all those involved on a great bull!

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-11
>AT 09:07?PM (MST)

>
>sweet bull, even better when you
>can park next to it....
>
Thanks
Yep seeing him sleeping in the sage and knowing that I could drive up and load he up, made it alot easier on my choice of a Bull.

Curious. There seemed to be a lot of hope that this late 46 Bull tag was going to bring in some real bruisers, but I imagine this warm December is not helping. Any word on how that is going.

It was not like they made it sound like it was going to be! I feel my tag in 41 right before that late 46 hunt because of most of the Elk that where going to come down already had and after talking to one of the local jarbridge guides, I found out the those toads up in Nevada in the jarbridge stay up there! Now I went back after my filling my tag to help another Super Tag holder that held out for that 46 hunt and we did not see anything any bigger so after a few days he shot a small one and like was happy it was done, lets put it this way, I will not apply for that hunt at all but I will apply for the late 41.
Joe

Go back next year and kill that bull with the never ending swords. I will keep my mouth shut this time and let my wife do all the coaxing:)

Sniper I would like to post a bucth pictures of us chasing them Elk but my camera 18 mega pix and you MM wont let anything over 6.8 to upload. Bummer I got some great pictures your wife took.

Abf2fry, thats a nice bull also congratulations on it.One thing about having a super tag is not being limited to just one unit and having to stay and find one in a certain area/time limit.I would love to draw a super tag and have that problem though.If you ever get another one you probably got some good places figured out.Thanks for posting your pic and keep in touch if you ever do draw another tag.

I would like to post some of the pictures! Like one is of a hurd of about 600 Elk Standing 200 yards from me and sniper1 in unit 41, but i am not sure how to do it because my camera has to many mega pix.

>I would like to post some
>of the pictures! but i
>am not sure how to
>do it because my camera
>has to many mega pix.

Put them on Photobucket and then on MM...it's that simple

Oh ya, congrats on your hunt.

I was hunting Chukar in 46 and talked to a couple'a fellas in a red truck one of em had a super-tag, said he was a dairy farmer,
was that you Abiggerfish2fry?

>I was hunting Chukar in 46
>and talked to a couple'a
>fellas in a red truck
>one of em had a
>super-tag, said he was a
>dairy farmer,
>was that you Abiggerfish2fry?

I do have a red dodge! but i am not Dairy Farmer.

Looks like you are stalking antelope in the first couple pics in your link. Looks like fun. Those elk come down out of 40 to winter?

Hey runamuk I believe the guy you seen might have been roloff. Idono how to spell it but I think that's how its pronounced. I spoke with him back in September and he had drawn a bull super-tag... Haven't heard if he happened to get anything tho...

LAST EDITED ON Dec-26-11 AT 03:37PM (MST)[p]BPKHunter
This is the best Elk meat that I have ever had! It has no game taste at all, I think it is because we had to wake it up to shoot it. I be willing bet that calf you got is the tasty!

Yeah it is tasty and better yet I was able to haul it out in one load(downhill), but it won't make near the wall trophy. I have horn envy here. I will be back on the bulls next year, I will look for one sleeping so it will eat good too...

One load! HA HA HA! Next season, I will come up and help you get a two Elk load off the mountain if you want BPK! I had the time of me life hunting in Idaho this last year and every person I met was good as gold! If you or any of your kids or family draw a tag I would feel honored to be there to help you! Joe

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom