Big Dall Sheep!

okiebugle

Friend of mine just e-mail me pic's of a Dall they killed on a special hunt in NWT that scored 176 and some change. I will try to get the pic up.

Here is the picture that okiebugle sent to me for posting, that is a great Ram for sure. Tell us more about this Dall and where, when and score.
Brian
450795627033a73a.jpg

Speachless... What a dream ram!! I love those light colored horns on him.. beautiful sheep.. congrats to the lucky hunter!!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-06 AT 06:38AM (MST)[p] Kelly Wiebe is the guy in the picture he is a friend of mine, He was the guide on this ram. I haven't had a chance to get the whole story yet because he is still guiding in the NWT.

His wife sent me the pic and said that the ram scored 176 6/8 (kelly is an official BC scorer) so i bet that score is real close. He did say they look over alot of great rams before this one was the one they decided on. He said this ram and another ram were just alike. That is really all I know. Ask me some question I might be able to answer them. OKiebulge.

Kilowatt, Thanks for helping me out with the pic.

That is a great ram. We will all be anxious to hear the story.

Notice what appears to be a new "flake" on the left horn. Wonder whether a shot hit him there?

I believe this ram was killed with the Kluane permit that was auctioned at the last FNAWS convention. It is from the Yukon, not NWT.

A ram of several lifetimes, for sure!

Holy hot tomato paste, what a beautiful ram. Looks similiar to the #2 ram the S. Scott killed in the late 80's in the Wrangels.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

The guide in the pic is real good friend of mine, I have hunted and guided with him for about the last 15 years. He is a class act of a person. Great guide to.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-06-07 AT 03:38PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-06-07 AT 03:36?PM (MST)

man ur a lucky guy for shooting that old monarch! Me and a friend are gonna be looking for a ram like that for the rest of our lives. His dad and mine have been doin it with no luck so far! Alot of things can screw up a chance at a ram like that and it seems like they all have happened to him! Alot of work, skill and a little luck are needed to harvest a trophy like that! The north west territories has 6 sheep to every human. They're the only province allowed to hunt with hellicopters, dedicated sheep hunters like me and friends do our research!

younggun -

That ram came from the Yukon.

And for others - here is the information on their website under which this ram was shot. You will see many other photos of this ram and you will also see "live" rams from which this special permit area is.

http://www.kfndallsheep.com/conservation.html

Just click on photos and testimonials for more pictures of this ram.

The tag sold for $165,000. I don't know if a Dall tag has ever gone for that much before.

Roger

I'm willing to bet that auction tag will go more than 165 000 this year.

If you have the money -

The Kluane Dall Sheep Permit will be up for auction at the 2007 Foundation for North American Wild Sheep Convention in Salt Lake City, Utah from January 17 - 20, 2007.

If i win the lottery i'm gonna go bid on that draw and a draw for an alberta late season bighorn.

That is a great ram.

When they auctioned off the first sheep permit donated by the state of Alaska at the FNAWS convention it brought over $200,000. That was a number of years ago.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom