big mt emily bucks?

vaquero

any one have any experience with big bucks in the mt emily unit? what would be considered big for this unit?

LAST EDITED ON May-26-08 AT 11:37AM (MST)[p]Well since no one has responded I take it must not be any good. I have seen very few real good bucks in the unit but then again I hunt the unit for elk and bear. Any one have any photo's you want to share? If you do PM them to me.

Mt emily has about a quarter of the deer it used to before the ban. Not many big bucks taken out of there 150 - 160 is the biggest I have seen and you will have to work and scout a lot.

I saw a 180 type buck crossing from Mt. Emily into Starkey in my headlights coming back from Colorado last year in the middle of the night. It was around the 6th of November and he was following a doe. He was a shooter but he is the first one like that I have seen in Mt. Emily.

Rich

you know I'm 51 years old and thru out the years I've seen slumps in the deer numbers, but we've always been able to find good bucks, you just gotta get out and scout and be willing to hunt from sun up to sun down, every area holds a good buck or two he usely lives where no one else bothers to look...

Well said manny15, I hope there are a few big ones left as I drew that tag for the late buck hunt. Mike

Looking forward to seeing what kind of bucks you find there. Very interesting. I will keep you posted on the caliber of deer I see this September. I will be hunting elk in the unit for the last two weeks of the seson so this might be of some help for you.

whtelk, really appreciate it. Please keep me posted. Thanks to everyone who has helped me. You guys are great! Mike

Back
Top Bottom