BIG RAM DOWN 2

JFWRC

Very Active Member
This monster ram was taken after a grueling stalk over several rocks and cacti.

Was supposed to be a ewe.......had a ding a ling....oops.

They say this guy will eat very well.......

Hunt with JFWRC. We get the big ones:)

Jimbo

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/655jim\'s_rio_hondo_monster.jpg

Crap-

Monster Photo did not go through right.

Gotta go to work will fix tonight. He's huge!!

655jim%5C%27s_rio_hondo_monster.jpg

Thank you BuckRage......

Miguel-We should get Brian to do a best smiles photo contest:)

He is a full 17 inches.......ok maybe 16 5/8ths. Poor thing.....shot as a baby, thought to be a girl:(

LAST EDITED ON Feb-07-13 AT 06:18AM (MST)[p]Chris-RH was pretty poor last week. Finding ewes was not easy. We had 2 hunters that could only hunt the weekend. They went home with visions of Rams running over the ridge. 2 hunters could only hunt 3 days. They took one. We had 2 hunters from Tennessee take 2. One was a good 28.5, the other ended up taking a ewe after he hit a ram in the butt with a Berger BLD, and we had 1 guy miss twice, 1 guy never shot. They were not in the best of shape. Lots of hoofing it this year. Good for the soal, good for the guide. Again, a tough year. We'll have to see how the next group does. Overall 8 hunters.....4 with no shots, 4 with shots. Troy is probably going to cut ewes hunts for a bit.It was the worst I have ever seen it.

Paul-Lets here the story.

I've got a similar one so if it happened to Zac then I'm in good company. Let's just say that that particular year I learned that I could make a 420 yard shot on a "nice ram". Unfortunately, I also learned that at that distance I can't judge sheep from crap...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom