Big time poacher

Carcasses rotting seems to imply that he didn't even use the meat.

Assssshole.

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

There is no excuse for that wanton slaughter. If he felt he had too many deer on the property. All he had to do was lower trespass fees or even free access to hunters for them to fill their tags and bring the deer population down.

Hopefully they hang his butt with jail time and a hefty fine.

RELH

I'm sure there is more to the story. I wonder how much food they ate with that many being there every day. Did F&G offer to pay for the amount of damage they was causing on his ranch or replace the amount of feed that was was eaten by the deer herd.
The rancher has a right to protect his livelihood.
I remember when the F&G was called out to move a herd of deer that had been yarded (due to snow) up on a ranchers land was eating him out of house and home leaving his cow to starve because deer will climb on top of stacks and do the business and the cattle wouldn't eat piss and sh!t hay. I also know they told him he could shoot them, BUT couldn't pick them up or save the meat.
A few years later they fenced his fields and hay yard off.

I know a lot of non farmers/ranchers wouldn't see it that why.
But life is about losing money so you will have deer to hunt.
I would kill every deer on my place to keep my land, if it came down to them or livelihood for Me and Family.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Gator when I used to hunt in Wyoming, the game dept. would pay ranchers for depredation of their crops. I hunted a ranch several times outside of Lusk, Wyoming. The rancher there would only charge 250 bucks for trespass fee for the entire deer-antelope season and to fill all tags. We would fill our buck tags and several doe tags when hunting there.

He did not have a problem with excessive depredation by game animals. The ranch next door had the Wyoming record whitetail deer killed one season. After that the rancher advertised that fact and jacked his prices up sky high and did not get the hunters the following year.

Due to the lack of hunters the rancher turned in a 50 thousand dollar depredation claim to the game dept. They denied the claim and advised him that his own greed was the result of the excessive depredation due to hunters not wanting to pay his excessive high trespass fees.

The rancher on the land we hunted, 5th. generation on that land, laughed about his neighbor and felt he got his come uppance for trying to screw over the hunters.

RELH

The guys place I hunt on doesn't charge a fee. Just requires you shoot max does in addition to your buck while you are there. And he still has a deer problem. I can see both sides of this one. I hope they get the guy help that he needs. If this is the case. If he's just shooting to shoot, then yeah, hang him...

I am wondering how many acres of land Are involved in this poaching incident. Is it just one parcel or several?
If it is a landowner taking matters into his own hands to eliminate a deer a problem I can understand but he's probably going about it the wrong way.
Did he try to get compensation from the game department?
Sheridan Wyoming is pretty much the wild west and maybe he thinks he has a right to protect his property.
I'm not sure calling him a poacher is quite right either unless he was just shooting them for fun of course.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-19 AT 09:54AM (MST)[p]Hunt out of Montana Fairview area and they had the same deal, The F&G only wanted to pay a small amount for the damage the deer was doin to his sugar beets fields. We had to take 2 does before we could put a tag on a buck. The F&G hands was tied by the dollar amount they could offer a landowner, This when on for several years before he got them to cull the deer herd back. They did a lot of shooting the deer off his property. We quit going there due to the People doing the shooting/culling wasn't just killing does they killed every big buck he had coming into those fields. I'm pretty sure a lot of those antlers never made it to the land fill. IF you shined a spotlight at night on those fields there would 100 or more deer in it, Sitting up high in the hills(bedding area) the next morning filling you tag took a hour some hunts. You could go to the courthouse and buy tags for does all day long back then.
I heard several years later Blue tongue hit that area and the herds have never made it back like they had in the late 80's and early 90's I'm sure that rancher didn't mind.

> I am wondering how many
>acres of land Are involved
>in this poaching incident. Is
>it just one parcel or
>several?
> If it is a landowner
>taking matters into his own
>hands to eliminate a deer
>a problem I can understand
>but he's probably going about
>it the wrong way.
> Did he try to get
>compensation from the game department?
>
> Sheridan Wyoming is pretty much
>the wild west and maybe
>he thinks he has a
>right to protect his property.
>
> I'm not sure calling him
>a poacher is quite right
>either unless he was
>just shooting them for fun
>of course.

35 acres is what he has. Go to Wyoming forum and you can read more on the story

Well then he can be labeled a scumbag on in Wyoming can you own 35 acres and still be called a rancher,

I don't care how many acres he owns or that the wildlife on his property cost him money. Those animals do not belong to him and the fact that he bought the land does not give him the right to destroy public property. There's a road near my house that my neighbors drive every day, and I am pretty sure my property value would be much higher if it just ended at my driveway. Does that give me the right to take my dozer to it? If you can't stomach the traffic, buy a different lot.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom