Biggest fire not in headlines

schmalts

_The Custer national forest has the Ash creek fire only going a week now with over 200,000 acres and only 20% contained. No news coverage because $500K homes are not reduced to ashes. Bad news for those who hunt the area this year as this monster is far from done.

Awesome country, everywhere is dry. This is the fire they lost the plane on?

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LAST EDITED ON Jul-04-12 AT 07:54AM (MST)[p]>Awesome country, everywhere is dry. This
>is the fire they lost
>the plane on?
>
/]
Not sure, I read the plane was fighting a fire in the Dakotas, but maybe it was getting water there as it is really only 10 minutes away I guess.

The plane crashed on the White Draw Fire in SD.

I'll bet a lot of guys show up to SE Montana this fall with no idea that their hunting area burned to a crisp.

When an area burns out it is not necessarily a bad thing. Unless you have tags for that area next fall. That dam pine beetle has killed a lot of trees.

Sounds pretty bad from the locals. Lame Deer up to Ashland, down to Sonnett and now headed toward Broadus. Lots of deer country in there.

Rich

It has been unreal. every other day there is a large mushroom cloud of smoke. It has burned almost every thing north of 212 and south into three mile creek. Yesterday a fire started in Taylor Creek and burned 36 thousand acres. Much of the country from Lyon Creek to Indian Creek and east to Diamond Butte. In the long run it could be good for deer numbers but the quality is likely to suffer. That is what happend after the 88 fire on Cook Mountan and the 2000 fire in the King Mountan aria.

Antlerradar

LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-12 AT 03:59PM (MST)[p]Hey Radar, is the HWY open to Ashland from Crow.....then the Tongue River Road open from Ashland to Birney, or is everything all shut off?

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom