Bitter Sweet

LuckyShot

LAST EDITED ON Aug-03-10 AT 09:04PM (MST)[p]I was down in Southern Utah today scouting for deer with my son Easton. We backpacked into an area where I found a seep about a month ago. It's an 8-mile haul in and an 8-mile haul out!!! No easy way to cover those 16 miles. But, in the end, the day had no nice surprises for me (nothing good on the trail cam) but a nice surprise for Easton. He was fat and happy at the end of the day! Fun hike. Enjoy the pics. Kip
4079rasberries.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-03-10 AT 09:15PM (MST)[p]I love them berries!

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

No matter the length of the hike or the results on your camera, You got to spend the day with your son doing your passion! Congratulations on that. That is a huge success most never take the chance to have! Good luck and keep up the great work!!

Ha! Yes, we did see rattlesnakes....Three to be exact. One of them was the biggest snake I've ever seen. And growing up in southern Utah, I've seen a few........and I hate 'em all. No matter how often I find one, I always get nervous. Probabely because when I was in high-school I built a blind on a water-hole 7 miles in. One night I was hunting up there alone and when I turned my flashlight on to leave the blind, there he was.....a big diamond-back rattler on the floor of the blind 6 inches from my foot. I'll never get over that one! Turns out I had built that blind right ontop of a rattlesnake den. Ended up taking a great buck off that waterhole that year though, so it was wort it......but just barely!!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom