Blazer Vains

Retired

I am having trouble with my broad heads grouping with the 2"Blazer. The archery shop applied the vains with no helical. I shoot right handed and think a right hand helical would help. All other aspects of tuning are good. I put 5" vains on with a good right helical and they shoot point on with my field tips. I am happy with the accuracy but I want to reduce the speed loss as much as possible Can I get the same reaction with the helical on the Blazer? What do you shoot, think and recommend?

Thanks

I have mine set up with as much right helical I can get on em to stabilize the broadhead. When set up like that I can shoot slick tricks, magnus snuffers and stingers with my field points out to 85 yds. Never tried it any other way because I know that a helical stabilizes a broadhead better than straight any day. Your right about the speed loss/point of impact too, I have noticed a huge difference on point of impact from even a 3 inch vane.

RE: Blazer Vanes

If you have a fall-away rest, you might consider the FOB. I have seen no deterioration in group size with FOBs and field points. I have not tried them with broadheads, but there is lots of good comment on Archery Talk.

http://www.starrflight.com/index.php

I honestly think you could get any broad head to fly straight with 5? vanes. The problem is when your setup is not tuned to perfection you can't get away with the smaller fletchings.

Now after saying that, a blazer is supposed to be as good as a 4? vane. I would re fletch them with a helical and see what happens if it doesn't fix the problem it's not the blazer it's the bow being out of tune.

By the way you didn't say what kind of broadhead or arrow you are shooting. This could make a big difference. If you have a weak spine arrow and you take off all the weight off the back of your arrow you will have problems getting them to fly. If you have a big wind grabbing broad head and put little fletching on the back you will have a problem.

Tell us what your bow setup is Draw length, LBS#, length arrow, how much tip weight, and broadhead type.

Archery is a year round commitment!!

It can tough to get a blazer to have helical when you are fletching them. I know that it depends on the diameter of the arrow and the helical on the vain. The best I could do with my setup was a 2 degree helical and that was enough to give me good flight with my slick tricks.

I would think that the archery shop fletched them with an offset. If not take them back to them and have them refletch them. I fletch mine with a helical but offset should work just fine. They fly just like 4" feathers on my setup. My field points and broadheads have the same point of impact on my hunting bow. Your accuracy issue may not be with the fletch though, it may be with the braoadhead. Make sure you spin them to see if they're true if not thats where your issue lies or you may have some fletching contact or your bow may have a tuning issue (strings stretch and things change). Blazers group very well for most well tuned bows and fly great. good luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom