Blazer Vanes ?????

drophorn

OK I just started to flecth some Blazer vanes on Gold tip 5575 just wanted to know what you all think???? shot a few and they seem to fly great

I put them on my wifes arrows last year. They actually did a great job steering her arrows with Muzzys. If you have ever shot Muzzys you will know that it is no small task to get them to fly right.

I was impressed. Most people who have shot them, like them. The only problem I had was getting them to stick.

I do shot Muzzys 100gr three blade I found they do fly good with them, I am putting mine on with super glue gel they seem to be holding realy good so far.

super glue gel???noooooooo.dont use that chit.it will get brittle and youre fletchings will start just falling off when you shoot.when using blazers,you need to first clean them with alcohol and then wipe with water.(donot touch bottom of vane after cleaning)and use alcohol not acetone because acitone acts in reverse with glue and will not stick.then clean youre shaft in the same manner.if using carbons i will use steel wool to roughn up fletching area and then clean.after this is done use goat tuff glue.this in my oppinion is supperior to any other glues out there.bonds instantly and u will tear or stretch youre fletching before you will ever pull them off..

Thanks Elknut I will try it and see how it works!!!! I have always used acitone i will switch to alcohol, I just ordered some cresting wrapes how will they hold on them??

I've been shooting muzzy's for about five years, 3-blade 100's. Never had a problem with them shooting good, always shot great. Put the Blazers on this year and flew even better. I was very impressed.

hey drop horn the crest wraps work great,i put them on my arrows fr the first time this year and i really like them.personalizes youre arrows and the fletching bond is superbbbbb.clean youre arrow in the manner i descr.and wrap the wrap around the shaft and then just wipe the wrap with a warm damp clothe to clean all the grease and film off.the bond is awsome.just a little info on alot of these new quick set glues,they pretty much from what i understand alll interacts with water ,which means water activates the bond for an ultimate bond.leave youre cresting or arrow alittle damp or even wet and apply the vane with goat tuff,,cause that is my favoriteeeeeee.just another heads up,,some fletches dont need cleaning like duravanes.but the blazers do cause they have a clear shiney film on them that has to be removed.....good luck.

Thanks Elknut I will give it a try will let you know how they turn out!!!!!!!! will be useing them on the pig hunt in JAN.

I've used blazer vanes for a while and found them to be great. They won't wrinkle like Duravanes and they seem to take a beating and come back for more.
As far as glue goes, I would have to disagree about the super glue. Do some searches on archerytalk.com and you will see than many, many top flight archers use it and love it. Get the cheap stuff at Wally World for like a buck. I've used it now for a while and never had any problems. If you clean the shaft well first, you'll need pliers to ever get teh vane off. Goat Tuff is also great glue, just a lot more expensive.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-05 AT 11:03AM (MST)[p]Mathews LX
Gold Tip Arrows
Trophy Taker Fall Drop Away Rest
Grim Reaper 100gr. Broadheads
Spot Hogg Real Deal

I've been using Blazer Vanes since April and they fly great with the field points and my broadheads. I'm sold on them. i also use AAE fastset gel for bonding the vanes to my arrows, some people i know swear by Goat Tuff glue also, but i've had great results with the fastset gel.

>hey drop horn the crest wraps
>work great,i put them on
>my arrows fr the first
>time this year and i
>really like them.personalizes youre arrows
>and the fletching bond is
>superbbbbb.clean youre arrow in the
>manner i descr.and wrap the
>wrap around the shaft and
>then just wipe the wrap
>with a warm damp clothe
>to clean all the grease
>and film off.the bond is
>awsome.just a little info on
>alot of these new quick
>set glues,they pretty much from
>what i understand alll interacts
>with water ,which means water
>activates the bond for an
>ultimate bond.leave youre cresting or
>arrow alittle damp or even
>wet and apply the vane
>with goat tuff,,cause that is
>my favoriteeeeeee.just another heads up,,some
>fletches dont need cleaning like
>duravanes.but the blazers do cause
>they have a clear shiney
>film on them that has
>to be removed.....good luck.

Mathews LX
Gold Tip Arrows
Trophy Taker Fall Drop Away Rest
Grim Reaper 100gr. Broadheads
Spot Hogg Real Deal

Just a hint on the Blazers shiny removal. That shiny stuff happens to be the factory installed primer on the bonding surface installed by Bohning. They recommend that you don't wipe the vanes with any cleaner. They also recommend that you use a product like Simple Green or The Works and a green scotch brite pad to scuff the bonding surface. I also follow these procedures to bond my Blazer vanes. the first box i bought, the vanes wouldn't bond. So i contacted Bohninh and they helped me out. Seems they had a batch escape from the plant with out the primer in stalled. They replaced my box and wow what a difference!!!

OK I just did six gold tips with the crest and blazer vanes went out and shot them {flew GREAT}, was even shooting out to sixty yards and and saw no problem !!! so will fletch the rest of my arrows and look out pigs come Jan 1.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom