BLM Clamping Down In Moab

I understand why, but at least is was somewhat contained around Moab. Now they’re going to have to find a new place to play. This doesn’t bode well for the few remaining wild places in the canyonlands.

" But it's our land, we can do as we please without more government interference and telling us what we can and cannot do!"

And...

"Stop government overreach!"

I figured Moab's economy was heavily dependent on overland vehicle recreation. Wrong- or are the locals p'ssd off?

In 2 years of normal weather......all will be healed on the 300 miles closed......even the rubber on the rocks will be gone.....

It is amazing how many zillions of those things roam the hills. On our recent elk hunt we saw dozens of them on any and every road. On the good side- those hunters just seem to cruise around, giving anyone with legs more space to hunt!
Funny how that works . . . . everywhere.

Hey Homer?

The Mormon/Moab Track Finally Rubbered Up Enough I Guess?

Well It's Not Just Rubber They Tracked It Up With!

It Only Took 50 Years!

They Have Scarred Mother Earth Deep Enough That'll Never Be The Same Nor Fixed!

They Close It In Moab, The DRATS Will Just Move On & THRASH Somewhere-else!

moab.jpg

So!

Not Only Have They THRASHED It!

I Say: Keep THRASHING & TRASHING It Rather Than Moving To Another Area & Doing The Same!

You know there are so many roads down there in Zion and Moab that you shouldn't need to go off the approved road to reach anything The razors are ripping it up check out the dunes next time you are down there.....

One detail that never seems to get mentioned is that virtually all of these roads were punched in with CAT’s a long time ago by the uranium miners. The jeepers didn’t make them.

Like The Hurricane Video!

I Don't Think That Was Ever A Trail Etched In By Anybody Other Than The JOKER Etching It Himself!

One detail that never seems to get mentioned is that virtually all of these roads were punched in with CAT’s a long time ago by the uranium miners. The jeepers didn’t make them.
True to an extent, but definitely not the acception to the rule.
"Potato Salad Hill" has absolutely nothing to do with Uranium mining, nor do the hundreds of other solid rock faces that have emerged OFF of these "Uranium dozed roads" for nothing more than a 4x4 challenge.

I hear you guys, but those buggies don’t do squat* to that slickrock.

IMO, this is about using riparian habitat as the escapegoat for cutting back the numbers of wheelers. Town has become a zoo, and this feels to me like an “enough is enough” thing.

*Obviously rollovers and thrown rods are an issue, but they are the exception.

Here Ya Go:

""limits or prohibits camping access to countless free, primitive dispersed campsites," the coalition said."

Not an entirely accurate statement. The trail closures are not limiting or prohibiting access. As long as you can go on foot or horseback, technically. It's still open.

I am not an enviro wack job. That reasoning used by the opposing party is weak. If the stay is granted for the closure, it will be because of some technicality not followed per the NEPA process.

The whole area is overrun with Razors they are everywhere, they have made 45 degree banks in the paths doing 50-60 on those trails.
There are rental companies everywhere you look in most towns. So they have people renting Razors and probably have never driven one before so they don't even know common trail decency.
I'm with Blue on this one I think it's a "We have had enough thing" more than anything else.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom