Body building elk prep 2018

custer515

My name is Richard. I'm 37 years old and live in Western Oklahoma. I wanted to tell this story because it's special to me and something unrelated to hunting. The story is about preparation for a men's physique body building competition.

I first said it was unrelated to hunting, but that's not exactly true. It all began May of 2017. I put in for a once in a lifetime elk tag. In July of the same year I found out I drew a cow tag and was set to hunt January 2018. After finding out I drew I began to share my excitement with friends and family. Most of my friends dogged me for putting in on a cow tag. I was just excited to draw and get to hunt elk in Oklahoma. The hunt lasted 3 days. I was able to help a guy that drew a bull tag glass his elk and harvest. The hunt as a whole was fantastic. I killed a large cow on the last day in 40mph winds. Boned out and packed off the mountain by myself. During the hunt I glassed 47 bulls. If your wandering it was the witchita mtn refuge. So with my boned out cow I headed north back home.

I had a local meat processor package and grind a large portion of my elk. It was with this meat I did a body building prep. I've been a police Officer for 13 years and always been involved with physical fitness. I've always had a goal to do a body building show and base my prep off of game I've harvested. A prep is part of the 12-14 week plan leading up to your show. Meaning diet and fitness. My meal prep has been finominal with lean elk. 70% of my diet has consisted of elk. I've never been in this kind of shape in my entire life. My show is May 5th in Tulsa, Ok. I will post some pics ranging from my hunt to the day of the show soon. I'm hoping to bring home some hardware with any luck.

Anyone can plug in wild game for there diet and reap the rewards. It's about as organic as you can get. Wish me luck!!

Good Luck brother

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom