book cliffs shed hunters

why

shed hunters are like locus this week .1/2 deer still packing and almost all elk still packing .but the they chasing around like flies on $hit. why!

That's normal!

How many Wheelers are Gridding the Sage Brush?

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

I just read a article or heard about it on the news . They opened up a new season for any four wheelers that are caught off the road .

I'm hoping I can get my limit .

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-12 AT 07:19PM (MST)[p]why do you guys think running sage brush over even hurts it? that stuff is indestructible! we have cleared thousands of acres of it and it takes a heck of alot to kill it. driving the 4 wheeler over grass once or twice doesnt hurt it. we grade roads in to our pastures to clear sage so we can get around the cattle better(yes yes yes its private) but the places we clear the brush over (even taking a couple inches of top soil, the grass always comes in thicker the next year. repeated running it over obviously kills it but once over it doesnt harm it like you tards think.

Sagebrush is one of the few shrubs with enough protein to carry deer through the winter. It is tall enough that it can poke through the snow.

You seem to be referencing mountain sagebrush, which is tough stuff. But Wyoming sagebrush is not that resilient and is very very very important winter food for deer. Maybe do a little research on deer diet and nutritional requirements, and also read a little about the different sub-species of sagebrush and I am sure you will see the importance for deer.

i know what the difference in sage is . we have several different species of it and its all tough to kill.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-12 AT 11:13AM (MST)[p]The law says stay on designated roads and trails so thats what we all should do so we dont get more trails closed to ATV, vehicle access.

Watch your top knot

This is EXACTLY why i gave up shed hunting, people just don't "care" enough and it's so unfair to the ones of us who did.
I used to be on the shed commitee for the DWR and was on the board when we first adopted the new shed laws that a lot of people STILL don't abide by. I used to enjoy my shed antler mounting business "Skull Krazy"......i've let it all go.
Hell i don't even moderate the shed forum anymore because i got so burned out on all the drama that follows that hobby.
Pretty sad.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom