Booner buck for mom

nmtaxi

Very Active Member
My mom killed this buck on Saturday on the mobility-imparied antelope hunt. We spotted the buck the night before, and spent most of the day Satureday looking for him. After a mid-afternoon rain shower, we found him up and moving again. She dropped him with one shot from 240 yards. We green scored him right around 84".
CopyofDSCF0817.jpg

copyofDSCF0820.jpg

Awesome Awesome speed goat. That is very impressive. Should make a beautiful mount and table dinner. What state are you in?

Always love a good speedgoat post. That's a beautiful buck. Mucho kudos to your Mom.

That's a stud of a buck, congrats to your mom!

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

That's a very good example of the speed goat speciman. Congrats to your mom. What unit did she get it in? How wet was the area because I know the state was getting rain all weekend. So wet that we are getting flooded to the west of you. Are you doing the mount for your mom?

Droptine

Your mom is an absolute Antelope killin' machine! Seems like an annual thing around here and this year she did not disappoint. I think you should repost all her past antelope. :) Congrats to her of course!

Thanks guys. My mom is really excited about this buck. She's had a few that were really close to the book, but fell just short. This one makes it easy, even though it can never be entered. Droptine, she was in the southeast part of the state. It was pretty wet down there, but not as much as some other areas. And yes, I will mount it for her. Here's some from the past.
l2.jpg

97-A.jpg

99-A.jpg

Its awesome you can hunt with your family!! great buck thanks for sharing! Why cant it be entered in the books?
Jeff

It's a mobility-impaired hunt. She has muscular dystrophy and can't walk much, so she hunts from a vehicle. B&C won't except it.

Rules are Rules, but I think in this case under the circumstances, it should be allowed but then who am I?

Nice 'Lope there Dan that our mom got and a great looking trophy.

Brian

WOW! What a great hunt , CONGRATS to you and your mom. She is certainly a antelope hunter for sure. She has lived with this aweful disease, scores could not ever give her a worth on a buck.Its great to hear and see stories such as yours, I'm sure proud Monster Muleys has such honorably people here as you NMTAXI.Tell her Congrats from Larry at MM, she is awesome!God Bless both of you...

That is a nice antelope--congrats to your Mom. I saw one just like that yesterday while out on a scouting expedition and since your Mom's score 84 I'm putting the hammer down this one I saw. Got to wait 3 weeks though.

AWESOME BUCK!

Congrats to you and your mother!! I can only hope to find a buck of that caliber for my son and I in September! I have taken several antelope, but never a monster. We drew unit 36 this fall. It doesn't look like horn growth suffered any this year?! What are the specifics on the latest buck? Again, congratulations!

RE: AWESOME BUCK!

Good luck on you and your son's hunt. Unit 36 (antelope unit)was where this one was taken. We didn't as many huge bucks down there as we have in the past, but did see many really nice bucks that would probably score in the high 70's. There were very few fawns, however.
This buck was right at 16" in length and had 5 1/2" prongs. The mass above the prong is pretty deceptive. 1st 1/4 was 6 1/2", 2nd was 7", and the third was 4 1/4" and 4th was 3"

nmtaxi..

we like to hunt near Claunch...that's where we drew 3 time in past...

we hunt on Atkinson Ranch and Carey Well ranch..

lots of antelopes...

vinihunt

We weren't far from Claunch (just a mile or two), but were hunting public land.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom