Born On The 4th of July

califhuntn

Marine Cpl. Jacob C. Leicht marks a sad but very real reminder that we are still fighting in a war that many of us americans have grown a little numb to. He marks the 1,000th soldier kill in combat. Along the way many before him just became a number to a lot us. With the overdose of media coverage we have access to and are being fed it all becomes a blur sometimes. The current numbers don't compare to wars like WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Korea and Iraq, but nevertheless 1,000 american men and women have given their life for us here at home.

I don't know, but as I read a little about this hero I became very moved. To die at 24 years old. To serve two tours in a war that many americans can't appreciate. To have your face and legs nearly blown off and to beg to return back to hell is a storyline only movies can be written about.

My words cannot begin to express the feelings I am feeling for this man and fellow American. I never had the good fortune to meet you Cpl. Jacob C. Leicht but you are truly a hero and an expiration. God Bless you and all the others before you.

JR

+1 he truly is an "inspiration"!

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!

Hdude, Lil' Jimmy wants his share!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom