Boston Cops.....?

nickman

Long Time Member
So.....maybe some LEO'S can chime in here.

Just exactly what type of departmental infraction do you have to commit in Boston, or several Eastern cities, that would make you HAVE to wear one of those hats?

It must be some REALLY BAD chit, 'cuz I'm thinkin' those hats are about the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

They look like a donut that spent the day wedged in someone's butt crack.

Might just be me....

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

Is this the hat? Not too bad, IMO

89927f7ba5b246f1880d2f0f6a706700ab14.jpg

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Apr-20-13 AT 07:41PM (MST)[p]I believe this is what nickman is referring too. Thank you nick, I thought I was just being an #####. Well maybe I was but I wasn't alone.

7988boston_hat.jpg

145boston_hat_2.jpg

Last Time I seen anything like that was a Guy in Fallon!

County Official I Believe He was!:D

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

One Good thing about America/United States!

You may not like my Hat!

But I will wear it!

And what you gonna do about it?

bulldog_policeman_shield_PRVW.jpg

Its kinda the same hat.

Now, having said that, you put a nightstick or a sap in that old boys hands and I got my money on him in a bar fight. I bet he could even whip sage.

That RIGHT there is the fedora I was referencing....! Seriously?

What is the point? It wouldn't keep the sun or the rain off your ears.

I am sure they wouldn't like the reference but didn't one of the "Village People" wear one of those?"

Clubhouse attire?

Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

Even Whoop sage?

JUDAS!

I Don't know anout that!

sage has been known to Whoop some Ass!

I'm retired from that past time!! lol

I thought the hat pretty funny looking myself. just saying...

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I had a retired police chief teaching one of my college classes throw in a few interesting facts about police hats. When he first became a police chief, he thought the hats were stupid looking. Nobody in the department knew why they wore them, or at least nobody would. He made the hat policy optional and a lot of the new police officers quickly dropped the hats. The old timers kept wearing the hats because they always had worn them. About 4 months after he decided to let the officers choose they had a major problem break out at a crowded public festival. There was a lot of beer flowing and things got out of hand. As the officers moved in to try and keep things under control, things went from bad to worse. The officers were quickly attacked and called for help. As the arriving officers made there way into the crowd the realized they could only locate the old timers in the hats. The officers in the hats were much more recognizable in the crowds. They got things under control and nobody was seriously hurt. The next week the Police Chief again mandated that all the officers again wore the police hats. According to him, nobody complained.

I can believe that.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

So Nicky & NVB?

You don't like their PISSCUTTERS?:D

When I first started with the sheriff's dept. in the 70's, we had a sheriff that mandated our official hat would be the standard county mountie stetson. He also made it a policy that anytime we exited the patrol vehicle we would have that darn hat on.
I can not recall how many times my sgt. chewed my butt for failure to wear my hat. At lease it had a brim to protect you from the rain and sunshine.

RELH

I saw a picture of a North Korean Army officers hat. It is huge and looks like it would be normal on about a 7' tall guy.

I guess all hats are relative to the style and culture of the specific area.

I have a Stetson or two that get some strange looks at the harbor in Long Beach, Ca.......and I am REAL sure it would be out of place in "Beantown"........but that cop's hat is definitely ugly!

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

Nickman; wearing a stetson in Long beach may be a good thing. Those gang bangers there will mistake you for a Texan that may be packing a Colt 45 and leave you the hell along.
They would look for that yuppie wearing a french beret and make him their target for a mugging.

RELH

Bess, wtf said anything about a pisscutter?

I admit, when I saw his hat in the press conference I thought it was ugly, but I guarantee that I also thought "this guy is experienced". And I bet he can, and will, back up his hat. I knew a cop like him once. Old school. But the young guys always said when the ##### hit the fan, you wanted "Case" as your backup because he would be right in the middle of it before the young guys could even decide what to do. I still say my money is on that Boston cop. Yes, I bet he could whoop sage. :) And he'd eat your ass for breakfast Bess. He wouldn't even waste his time on a guy like me. Wouldn't need to. If he can pull off wearing a hat like that I sure hell ain't giving him no crap.

Come on NVB!

That Ole Boy ever got mad at me I'd just pull the Fresh Bakers Dozen out!

I keep them Handy!

And Fresh!:D

Lesson # 1:

Never #### with a Guy's Hat!

Pin head hats....UGLY!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

They do have a certain look.
You know the look.
It's the "I know my hat is ugly but I know I can bust you a new azz-crack any time I want" look.
The hat is kinda growing on me.... not.
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom