Bow for Wife... Need Your Input and Help

cowslayer

All,

Looking for your help and input. My wife is in the market for a new bow. She will be hunting deer and elk with this bow. We are currently looking at the Hoyt Vixcen and the Mathews Passion.

Are there any other bows that we should be considering? She has a 24" draw and wants a good shooting accurate bow.

Which pro-shops would you recommend for me to take her to in the Greater Salt Lake Area or along the Wasatch Front to be set-up?

Thanks Chris

"Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - www.vipoptics.com

Mattews mustang if you can still find one. they stopped when the passion came out. My wife loves hers. Passion is a great choice. Hoyt has a few for shorter lengths I would look at as well

Look at the Rampages from Hoyt (less $ than the Vixen)

The XT has the fuel cams and the laminated limbs, cast riser. 40-80lb range. Mind you this is the lb range, not the peak limb weights. You can however put a 40 lb limb on the XT for 150.00 custom charge. IBO 323 I think?

The regular Rampage has the M4 cam and solid split limbs, same limbs as the Vixen. Cast riser. This bow can come with 40 lb limbs for no extra charge. IBO 306

The Vixen IBO is 306, Both Rampages have a longer ATA and bigger BH than the Vixen as well. In my mind I do not know why the Vixen is more money than the Rampages?

I only know this because we have been looking for a bow for my wife. She did not want a kids bow. I looked at all the PSE line, the only bows that would go low enough in poundage were in the kids end of things. (short ATAs, low IBO, ect.)

If your wife can pull over 40 lbs, she can have her pick of any bow out there, for the most part. Most bows can come with a 50 lb limb.

You are so lucky. My wife has a 28 inch draw and is left handed so finding a bow for her was a joke. We went with the Bear Lights-out and she loves it.

My wife has about the same measurements as ur wife and she shoots the mathews passion and LOVES IT! she has shot several different bows and still goes back to mathews!

my 2nd mother loves her vixen. If my wife got into archery hunting then that'd be the bow i bought for her.

It was a big bodied 2 point.

Have you tried looking at the new homewrecker from bear it's new for 2011. And depending on your price range the razor edge from diamond is great for about $300. No you can't go wrong with the hoyt and Mathews bows already mentioned but money sometimes just buys a name. I talked to a guy the other day that bought his wife the vixen bow already mentioned and he said he wishes he got her the razor edge.

Baggem N Taggem

My wife is shooting the alphamax 32 with the Z3 cam at 24 inches and loves it also. it is also a 50-60 lb bow. It is very short though with the Z3 cam. The ATA is only 29" not the 32" the bow is named for.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

My wife shoots a PSE X-force SS. She loves it. She has taken several big game animals with it. She has shot PSE bows for over 20 years and swears by them. I do too. Jakes Archery in Orem can help ya out.

I would check out the Heartbreaker from BowTech. There is a lot of performance for the price there. Humphries in AF carries BowTech. They are not bad but I like Jakes better.

That sounds like a great trade, I say go for it.

FWIW, I bought my wife a Martin Leopard, maxes out at 26" I believe, hers goes from 25-40 lb, so she could hunt with it someday, but really just likes to show it off when people come over and sometimes will shoot with me in the backyard.
One piece of advice I would give is let her pick a color she likes. Some women like pink, my wife got a midnight blue target color.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom