Bow Sight for Carbon Matrix

woody622

Just bought the 12' Hoyt Carbon Matrix and am wanting to get a decent sight... Whats your opinions on adjustable sights? I've been lookin at the black gold 3 pin, but would love your opinions.. Lookin at spending 200.00 or less

I am in the same boat as you and am going to get the G5 Optix XR. It has 3 fixed pins and one floating. I have the Optix LE which is the 5 pin fixed, and have loved it. But I have started shooting some competitions and the long shots require a sight that has more capabilities than the LE does. My dad has been shooting the XR for a year and loves it.

Here is a link for you.

www.g5outdoors.com/product_detail/30

}}-SLIVER-->

My dad has the black gold on his Matrix and loves it!! He has had sureloc, cbe, and a couple others and settled with the black gold. I shoot the sureloc single pin on my matrix and have never looked back. You could find one a ksl used for around 200 I think??

I'm hesitant on the 1 pin sights(i know a ton of you love them).. I do a lot of spot and stalks, and it makes me a little nervous having to compensate at a range that could be different.. Is it fast and easy to make the adjustment?

SLIVER i'm really liking the G5 Optix XR, thanks for the link, i'll look more into that.. if there are any other opinions i'll take them! Thanks guys!

I have a single pin on my bow now and it seems to be darn good. Setup was fairly easy. It's an HHA sports Optimizer. It comes with sighting instructions and a lot of the "yardage tapes" to choose from when you get the 20 yard and 60 yard pin placement done.

As for adjusting on the move, just keep the clamp knob loose enough that you can quickly move it to the right yardage but tight enough that it won't move on it's own...

This does require that your bow is properly setup and tuned.

I would say under 200, a 7 pin real deal wrapped from cabelas or a spot hogg dealer and get them right at 200 dollars. They are durable and the only sight to go up from is to a tommy, boss or hogg father and then you have the best sights IMO.

Everybody in our group shoots the BlackGold 5 pin. It depends on what you are going to do with your bow. If your going to just target shoot or hunt. The BlackGold technology allowing perfect pin brightness in all light conditions..adjusting for the light conditions is awesume. They are the brightest pins on the market in low light conditions and dark timber situations. You can see the pins even when it is to dark to take a shot at a bull elk through the peep.

Lots of sights out there and everybody has their favorites. Ask your local shops to let you take some various brand sights outside at dusk almost no shooting light. Then choose whats best for you. Also if your a serious archer you will out grow a 3 pin adjustable quickly. I suggest saving your money and get a quality 5 pin so down the road you don't wind up with a $200.00 3 pin in the closet :)

))))-------->

If you're going with fixed pins then the Axcel Armortech can't be beat. If you want a floating pin the guys I shoot with seem to really like the HHA.

Thanks for the responses everyone.. after weighing the options and taking a look at most of them I went with Black Gold adjustable 3pin... cant wait to use it!

I have a single pin CBE on both my Matrix + and my Elelment. I hunt spot and stalk exclusively and have never had a problem.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom