Bow String Dilemma

bigbull1

Very Active Member
Last weekend my string started twisting with my peep turning every which way, so I took it in to the bow shop yesterday. The tech worked on discovered that the serving beneath the D-loop had loosened and was thin, causing my D-loop to move on the string. The factory string which is two years old was thin also near the cam. He re-served it and at my request he tied the peep with an elastic tube to the cable to keep the peep aligned. I ordered a new string from Winners Choice.

The Dilemma: After re-adjusting the sight my bow is shooting very, very good. Best groups I have shot since August. The new string will be here hopefully within a week or so. Would you change it with a coues hunt coming the second week of January or leave on the old string?

Ed
www.huntpacks.com

Thats a tough one big bull. I would say get that string and get it tuned up before your hunt. Ya you could probably get away with not changing till after your hunt, but it would really suck to pull back on that couse and snap that string. Good luck on your hunt!

archeryguru

IMO, that gives you plenty of time to shoot in and tune a new string. Two years on an old string is a lot if you shoot frequently. You may be running more risk if you continue to shoot that string and have it fail on you right before or during the hunt.

Measure everything and mark the cam rotation. Replace the strings, you don't want to have any doubts by using an old string.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom