Bozeman Montana?

HorseCreek

Very Active Member
My son has some respiratory issues so we moved to AZ for the winter. He's been doing awesome, but I don't wanna be anywhere near AZ in the summer. We've been kicking the idea of Bozeman around for the spring, summer, and fall.
What's good and or bad about Bozeman? I only need a phone, Internet, and an airport for work.

Traditional >>>------->

I love the Bozeman area, and have thought for a long time that I could live there, except during winter. The university, the fishing, the scenery, enough restaurants and some very nice housing options. That part of Montana has it all as far as I'm concerned.

You may want to join the OYOA website that Randy Newberg (BigFin)runs and put out a post for information like you did here, as he and a number of members live in that part of Montana.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-13 AT 09:53AM (MST)[p]Why don't you move up to Flagstaff for the summer? Summers there are awesome, unlike the furnace that is Phoenix. Just a quick drive up the hill.

Average summer temps between the 2 cities are very similar.

I am fortunate enough that I wouldn't have to stay for the winters unless we choose to. I've been thru there a few times but never stayed. We will take a road trip up in a few months to check the housing out.

Traditional >>>------->

>LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-13
>AT 09:53?AM (MST)

>
>Why don't you move up to
>Flagstaff for the summer? Summers
>there are awesome, unlike the
>furnace that is Phoenix. Just
>a quick drive up the
>hill.
>
>Average summer temps between the 2
>cities are very similar.

I like flagstaff, but I love the wide open spaces if Montana. The hunting opportunities in Montana are another bonus as well.

Traditional >>>------->

Nice area, mountains look great. Its too much of a city for my liking though. Each to there own. I like the small town atmoshere better. Im sure this is the case of most towns in terms of that size comparison. Seems there are more liberals and more snooty people than what Im use too but mabey they dont like being friendly to a redneck conservative?

Look at Cody, Wy. Airport, good internet service, small town atmoshpere, conservative, a few liberals but no closed season and no bag limit(on liberals) also on wolves east of Hwy120.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

If you're bringing your job with you, there's no way I'd move to one of the bigger towns in the state.

Dillon and Lewistown would be on the top of my list.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-17-13 AT 05:29PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-17-13 AT 05:28?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-17-13 AT 05:27?PM (MST)

I lived in Bozeman an really love the area. I was actually born in Livingston and lived in Big Timber and Trail Creek. Was in Bozeman last April and it is booming! A lot of movie stars moving into the areas surrounding Bozeman and a lot of political influence moving in from that. It's a college town. It is absolutely beautiful country. If you don't want the bigger city life, which parts of Bozeman can seem that way, go either direction and you find a lot of smaller towns with that small town hospitality. I suggest go north to Belgrade perhaps, which is where the airport is located. There are a lot of nice places up next to the mountain. However, you do have to be hardy to tolerate the winters there. I have been through Flagstaff, AZ as well and it gives you the feel of being in the mountains, but you don't have the severity of weather conditions, but not the extreme heat either. For your sons respiratory conditions, Flagstaff may be the better choice though. Hope all works out for you and your son.

Thanks for the reply's and pm's. We are going to take a road trip this spring or early summer. I'm not a fan of city life, but my wife doesn't want to be isolated. I'd also like to have other kids nearby for my two kids to play.

Traditional >>>------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom