Bribery and Misleading.

fishon

Very Active Member
Below is an email MDF sent out today to its "supporters". As you can tell they are misleading what the meeting is about as well as bribing their members to show up by giving them a hat. (I wonder if I will get a hat since I am a life member).

Don't you think they should of thought about who they were emailing it to?

Anyway, very disappointing that the MDF president would approve this especially since he was the acting DWR director when the expo rule(s) were passed.

Dear MDF Supporter,

There is an attempt to change the Utah Hunt Expo and the 200 Utah Tags offered by the UDWR through the Expo. If you are in support of the Expo and appreciate the second chance at a Utah Limited Entry tag, then email the Utah Wildlife Board at the email addresses listed below. Simply state that you support the Expo and that you believe the Mule Deer Foundation conducts the drawing in an open and transparent manner.

The Wildlife board meeting is tomorrow at the UDWR auditorium located at 1596 North West Temple in Salt Lake City. This agenda item will likely be discussed just after lunch. Come and show your support if you can. If you show up to the meeting, MDF will give you a free MDF hat.

MDF supports and encourages transparency and accountability related to all special state tags. We encourage all conservation groups to support this position. MDF?s financial information is always found at www.muledeer.org.

If you want to show support of the Expo or the Hunt Expo Tags, you can send an email clicking this link to the entire Utah Wildlife Board.

The Mule Deer Foundation
Our mailing address is:
1939 South 4130 West, Ste. H
Salt Lake City, UT 84104
1-801-973-3940
www.muledeer.org

Forward this message to a friend

Tony Abbott
The next buck to have a fawn will be the
1st.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-12 AT 06:55PM (MST)[p]Nothing surprises me any more regarding the top two guys in SFW and MDF and I hope MM is shown to be the rat he appears to be at the meeting tomorrow. I hope someone asks, as I'd like to hear his response as to how they "forgot" to put into the contract what was voted on by the Board when he was Acting Director of the DWR and now is the one benefitting by not following the vote to put the requirement in the contract to mirror the auction tags in the way the $5 fee is handled. The email is so far from the truth as to what the meeting is really about that it's pathetic and I just sent them an email telling them how sorry it was to put that out, as well as bribing their members with a free hat, LOL!

Sound like some-one is scared.
I think they are seeing the beginning of the end for those expo tags.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Y'all are so hateful you can't realize when you opponent is doing something that you can capitalize on. First of all hats don't mean squat. If someone's opinion can truly be bought with a hat, you don't want him on your side. Second the person with the correct argument wants as many people on all sides at this meeting as possible. If you think the MDF is lying to its members trust me, nothing is better than educating them face to face. When people realize they are being used as pawns with lies they will jump ship and never look back. So quit getting your panties in a twist. If the UWC is in the right people will learn at the meeting.

"Nothing surprises me any more regarding the top two guys in SFW and MDF and I hope MM is shown to be the rat he appears to be at the meeting tomorrow. I hope someone asks, as I'd like to hear his response as to how they "forgot" to put into the contract what was voted on by the Board when he was Acting Director of the DWR and now is the one benefitting by not following the vote to put the requirement in the contract to mirror the auction tags in the way the $5 fee is handled. The email is so far from the truth as to what the meeting is really about that it's pathetic and I just sent them an email telling them how sorry it was to put that out, as well as bribing their members with a free hat, LOL!"

Took the words right out of my mouth Topgun. I would love to see Miles squirm tomorrow too! Wow the smell of a rat is strong on that letter and it is a copy and paste!!!

How everyone else can't see the writing on the wall? The top two in SFW and MDF are as crooked as the politicians they are bribing. So sad. These two groups could make such a difference with some truth and transparency.

Wow!

Everyone come get your free hat!

5951sfw_hat.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-12 AT 09:25PM (MST)[p]A blatantly dishonest attempt at the last minute. They are hoping their members won't have the time to research the issue and will just send out an e-mail. They don't really want their members to attend, or they would have sent this out earlier.

They are running scared. It makes me ashamed to be a MDF member. I can fix that.
Bill

I am glad they sent out the reminder.
I followed the link and sent an email.

I asked for sweeping changes. GET THOSE TAGS BACK IN THE DRAW.
It is time we quit using our resources to subsidies these guys hunting outings,
their events, and their wallets.

So thanks MDF for the reminder, i sent my email in.

Love the hat, thats great right there.

Tristate, I cant believe this, but I do agree with what you said (in this post). It will nice to see these idiots squirm just a bit when they see the truth.

That letter is not at all about what is happening today.

We are not asking to get rid of the expo, just be honest with the $$$ you make off of my tags and my friends and families tags and my kids tags that you are selling to the rich. Because if you are rich, you can buy anything and you dont have to wait in line like everyone else.

"We are not asking to get rid of the expo,"

Some people are. Maybe not you but some that post here do not care whether it is shut down or not.

" just be honest with the $$$ you make off of my tags and my friends and families tags and my kids tags that you are selling to the rich."

Once again you fail to understand those tags are just as much owned by "the rich" and their families and their kids.

" Because if you are rich, you can buy anything and you dont have to wait in line like everyone else."

Regardles of popular belief the rich can not buy anything. Also the rich do have to wait in line. When you go to an auction where there are tags up for auction plenty of those evil "rich" people go home empty handed. They get beat out by other rich people that wanted the tag more than the next guy. If there wasn't more than one rich guy wanting the tag then the auction would be useless. The auctioneer would walk up, name a price, and one guy would stand up and take it. Once again you are taking this towards class warfare, and that will never solve your problem. It has yet to solve a single problem in American History and it won't work now.

There is only one statement in MDF's letter that I hope those who initiated the proposal, and those who speak today in support of focus on............

"MDF supports and encourages transparency and accountability related to all special state tags. We encourage all conservation groups to support this position"

This is the statement made by the conservation group whom is currently under contract for these tags. If they truly believe in their own statement, (why wouldn't they, it was written by them) then the proposed amendment appears to have no opposition. Seems any opposition to it on their part would be a contradiction to their own position.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom